Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Bobonis Babilonia is the Section Chief of Behavioral Medicine in the Supportive Care Medicine Department at Moffitt Cancer Center. She serves as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Oncological Sciences and the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine of the University of South Florida College of Medicine. She received her medical degree from the Autonomous University of Guadalajara (UAG ) and completed her Psychiatry residency and Psychosomatic Medicine fellowship training at the New York Medical College-Westchester Medical Center. She is board certified in Psychiatry and a fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. Dr. Bobonis’ clinical interests include psychological and psychiatric aspects of cancer and their treatments, and preserving autonomy and quality of life through the cancer experience. Dr. Bobonis also has an interest in working with the Hispanic community and often participates in educational programs to educate the Latino community to minimize health disparities.
Education & Training
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
- Westchester Medical Center - Psychosomatic Medicine
- Westchester Medical Center - Psychiatry
- Autonomous University of Guadalajara - MD
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Martinez Tyson D, Medina-Ramirez P, Vázquez-Otero C, Gwede CK, Babilonia MB, McMillan SC. Initial evaluation of the validity and reliability of the culturally adapted Spanish CaSUN (S-CaSUN). J Cancer Surviv. 2018 Apr. Pubmedid: 29623531.
- Martinez Tyson D, Medina-Ramirez P, Vázquez-Otero C, Gwede CK, Bobonis M, McMillan SC. Cultural adaptation of a supportive care needs measure for Hispanic men cancer survivors. J Psychosoc Oncol. 2017 Sep;36(1):113-131. Pubmedid: 28857692.
- Thompson LMA, Bobonis Babilonia M. Distinguishing Depressive Symptoms From Similar Cancer-Related Somatic Symptoms: Implications for Assessment and Management of Major Depression after Breast Cancer. South Med J. 2017 Oct;110(10):667-672. Pubmedid: 28973709.