Find a Doctor
Education & Training
- Hyland KA, Small BJ, Gray J, Chiappori A, Creelan B, Tanvetyanon T, Nelson AM, Cessna-Palas J, Jim HSL, Jacobsen PB. Loneliness as a mediator of the relationship of social cognitive variables with depressive symptoms and quality of life in lung cancer patients beginning treatment. Psychooncology. 2019 Jun.28(6):1234-1242. Pubmedid: 30932275.
- Nelson AM, Jim HSL, Small BJ, Nishihori T, Gonzalez BD, Cessna JM, Hyland KA, Rumble ME, Jacobsen PB. Sleep disruption among cancer patients following autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2018 Mar;53(3):307-314. Pubmedid: 29269811. Pmcid: PMC5851802.
- Nelson AM, Gonzalez BD, Jim HS, Cessna JM, Sutton SK, Small BJ, Fishman MN, Zachariah B, Jacobsen PB. Characteristics and predictors of fatigue among men receiving androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer: a controlled comparison. Support Care Cancer. 2016 Oct;24(10):4159-4166. Pubmedid: 27142516. Pmcid: PMC4995123.
- Cessna JM, Pidala J, Jacobsen PB. Relationships between parenting self-efficacy and distress in parents who have school-aged children and have been treated with hematopoietic stem cell transplant or have no cancer history. Psychooncology. 2016 Mar;25(3):339-346. Pubmedid: 25967755.
- Cessna JM, Jim HS, Sutton SK, Asvat Y, Small BJ, Salsman JM, Zachariah B, Fishman M, Field T, Fernandez H, Perez L, Jacobsen PB. Evaluation of the psychometric properties of the PROMIS Cancer Fatigue Short Form with cancer patients. J Psychosom Res. 2016 Feb.81:9-13. Pubmedid: 26800633. Pmcid: PMC4822706.
- Gonzalez BD, Jim HS, Cessna JM, Small BJ, Sutton SK, Jacobsen PB. Concealment of lung cancer diagnosis: prevalence and correlates. Psychooncology. 2015 Dec;24(12):1774-1783. Pubmedid: 25753772. Pmcid: PMC4564357.
- Jim HS, Quinn GP, Barata A, Cases M, Cessna J, Gonzalez B, Gonzalez L, Koskan A, Montiel-Ishino F, Pidala J. Caregivers' quality of life after blood and marrow transplantation: a qualitative study. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2014 Sep;49(9):1234-1236. Pubmedid: 24887387. Pmcid: PMC4313382.
- Jim HS, Quinn GP, Gwede CK, Cases MG, Barata A, Cessna J, Christie J, Gonzalez L, Koskan A, Pidala J. Patient education in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant: what patients wish they had known about quality of life. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2014 Feb;49(2):299-303. Pubmedid: 24121210. Pmcid: PMC3946344.
- McGinty HL, Phillips KM, Jim HS, Cessna JM, Asvat Y, Cases MG, Small BJ, Jacobsen PB. Cognitive functioning in men receiving androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Support Care Cancer. 2014 Aug;22(8):2271-2280. Pubmedid: 24859915. Pmcid: PMC4090762.
- Phillips KM, McGinty HL, Cessna J, Asvat Y, Gonzalez B, Cases MG, Small BJ, Jacobsen PB, Pidala J, Jim HS. A systematic review and meta-analysis of changes in cognitive functioning in adults undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2013 Oct;48(10):1350-1357. Pubmedid: 23645166. Pmcid: PMC3770806.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.