Hospice & Palliative Medicine
Supportive Care Medicine
Joshua Smith, MD
Dr. Smith received his MD degree from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at the Medical University of South Carolina and a Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Dr. Smith’s clinical interest is in symptom management for patients affected by cancer. He is dedicated to improving quality of life and helping patients and their families with advanced care planning. Dr. Smith’s research interests are in the correlation between symptom burden and suffering with a focus on addressing and alleviating suffering.
Education & TrainingBOARD CERTIFICATION:
- Hospice And Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation - Hospice and Palliative Care
- Medical University of South Carolina - Internal Medicine
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine - MD
- Chang YD, Smith J, Portman D, Kim R, Oberoi-Jassal R, Rajasekhara S, Davis M. Single Institute Experience With Methylphenidate and American Ginseng in Cancer-Related Fatigue. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2017 Jan. Pubmedid: 28299946.
- Chang YD, Davis MP, Smith J, Gutgsell T. Pseudobulbar Affect or Depression in Dementia?. J Pain Symptom Manag. 2016 May;51(5):954-958. Pubmedid: 26899823.
- Smith J. A Patient Just Died. J Palliat Med. 2016 Jan;19(1):116. Pubmedid: 26652769.
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call