Find a Doctor
Cancer Types Treated: Lung Cancer
Dr. Frank Kaszuba is a Pulmonary/Critical Care specialist who is part of the Thoracic Oncology Program at Moffitt Cancer Center. He is also an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Morsani College of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of South Florida. Dr. Kaszuba is the Medical Care Director of the Intensive Care Units at Moffitt where he is involved in the training of post-doctoral subspecialty fellows, performing interventional bronchoscopy pulmonary procedures and evaluating new technology. Dr. Kaszuba is a Florida native who completed Bachelor’s degrees in both Marine Biology and Chemistry at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL. He earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine. This was followed by a Residency in Internal Medicine at Memorial Medical Center in Savannah, GA and advanced subspecialty Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine training at USF. His love of technology and education led him full circle back to the University of South Florida in 2008. His clinical interests include minimally invasive diagnostic and staging techniques for lung cancer, as well as ICU monitoring to improve outcomes. Dr. Kaszuba is adept in harnessing new systems to more accurately identify and treat lung cancer, improving patient outcomes, including electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy (ENB). Dr. Kaszuba is board certified in Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians.
Education & Training
- Pulmonary Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- University of South Florida College of Medicine - Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
- Memorial Medical Center, Savannah, GA - Internal Medicine
- St. George’s University School of Medicine - MD
- Creelan BC, Ahmad MU, Kaszuba FJ, Khalil FK, Welsh AW, Ozdemirli M, Grant NN, Subramaniam DS. Clinical Activity of Nivolumab for Human Papilloma Virus-Related Juvenile-Onset Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis. Oncologist. 2019 Jun;24(6):829-835. Pubmedid: 30842242. Pmcid: PMC6656512.
- Maller B, Kaszuba F, Tanvetyanon T. Complete Tumor Response of Tracheal Squamous Cell Carcinoma After Treatment With Pembrolizumab. Ann Thorac Surg. 2019 Apr;107(4):e273-e274. Pubmedid: 30326234.
- Michael CW, Faquin W, Jing X, Kaszuba F, Kazakov J, Moon E, Toloza E, Wu RI, Moreira AL. Committee II: Guidelines for cytologic sampling techniques of lung and mediastinal lymph nodes. Diagn Cytopathol. 2018 Oct;46(10):815-825. Pubmedid: 30195266.
- Garcia-Henriquez N, Toloza EM, Khalil F, Echavarria MF, Garrett JR, Moodie CC, Kaszuba FJ, Fontaine JP. Extensive plastic bronchitis: etiology of a rare condition. J Thorac Dis. 2016 Sep;8(9):E961-E965. Pubmedid: 27747036. Pmcid: PMC5059329.
- Harris CL, Toloza EM, Klapman JB, Vignesh S, Rodriguez K, Kaszuba FJ. Minimally invasive mediastinal staging of non-small-cell lung cancer: emphasis on ultrasonography-guided fine-needle aspiration. Cancer Control. 2014 Jan;21(1):15-20. Pubmedid: 24357737.