Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Agosto-Arroyo earned his medical degree at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, where he completed his residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology. He completed two fellowships: one in Molecular and Genetic Pathology at the University of Alabama, Birmingham; and the other in Breast Pathology at the University of Florida. He is board certified in molecular genetic pathology.
Education & Training
- Molecular Genetic Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- University of Alabama Birmingham - Molecular and Genetic Pathology
- University of Florida - Breast Pathology
- University of Puerto Rico - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine - MD
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Agosto-Arroyo E, Rosa M, Chau A, Khazai L. Concurrent BRAF and PTEN mutations in melanoma of unknown origin presenting as a breast mass. SAGE Open Med Case Rep. 2017 May;5. Pubmedid: 28607685. Pmcid: PMC5456025.
- Khazai L, Agosto-Arroyo E, Rosa M. P40 Immunostain Does Not Outperform p63 as a Myoepithelial Cell Marker in the Daily Practice of Breast Pathology. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2017 May. Pubmedid: 28549030.
- Agosto-Arroyo E, Isayeva T, Wei S, Almeida JS, Harada S. Differential Gene Expression in Ductal Carcinoma In Situ of the Breast Based on ERBB2 Status. Cancer Control. 2017 Jan;24(1):102-110. Pubmedid: 28178722.
- Agosto-Arroyo E, Coshatt GM, Winokur TS, Harada S, Park SL. Alchemy: A Web 2.0 Real-time Quality Assurance Platform for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, and BK Virus Quantitation Assays. J Pathol Inform. 2017 Apr;8:18. Pubmedid: 28480121. Pmcid: PMC5404607.
- Agosto-Arroyo E, Climent C, Vélez R, Nazario CM, Díaz MV. Expression of Basal-like Biomarkers in Triple Negative Invasive Breast Carcinoma in Puerto Rico. P R Health Sci J. 2015 Jun;34(2):89-92. Pubmedid: 26061059.
- Harada S, Agosto-Arroyo E, Levesque JA, Alston E, Janowski KM, Coshatt GM, Eltoum IA. Poor cell block adequacy rate for molecular testing improved with the addition of Diff-Quik-stained smears: Need for better cell block processing. Cancer Cytopathol. 2015 Aug;123(8):480-487. Pubmedid: 25955105.
- Peker D, Parekh V, Paluri R, Deal T, Borate U, Di Stasi A, Harada S, Arroyo EA, Reddy V. Clinicopathological and molecular features of myeloid sarcoma as initial presentation of therapy-related myeloid neoplasms: a single institution experience. Int J Hematol. 2014 Nov;100(5):457-463. Pubmedid: 25209604.
- Joglar F, Agosto E, Marrero D, Canario QM, Rodríguez P. Dynamic retention suture closure: modified Bogotá bag approach. J Surg Res. 2010 Aug;162(2):274-278. Pubmedid: 19592037.