Find a Doctor
Andrew Agnew, DO
Program: Head and Neck Oncology
Cancer Focus: Head and Neck Cancer , Throat Cancer, Thyroid Cancer , Tongue Cancer
Dr. Andrew Agnew is a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Head and Neck-Endocrine Oncology. Dr. Agnew earned his DO and MS in Medical Education from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Pennsylvania. He recently completed an Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Residency at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center – Hamot. Dr. Agnew’s clinical interests include treatment of head and neck cancers. His research centers around increasing survival rates and optimizing quality of life for head and neck cancer patients before, during, and after treatment.
Education & Training
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center - Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Lake Eire College of Medicine - DO
- Agnew A, Carroll S, Fornelli R, Schell S, Steehler K. Objective Quantification of Opioid Usage After Thyroid Surgery. Int Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2020 Oct.24(4):e482-e486. Pubmedid: 33101515. Pmcid: PMC7575393.
- Agnew A, Fornelli R, Depowski P. A Case of Radiation-Associated Angiosarcoma After Laryngeal Cancer. Ear Nose Throat J. 2020 Mar.99(3):179-180. Pubmedid: 30955372.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.