Find a Doctor
Timothy McCardle, MD
Locations: Moffitt McKinley Outpatient Center
Cancer Focus: Basal Cell Carcinoma , Cutaneous Lymphoma (CTCL), Melanoma , Merkel Cell Carcinoma , Skin Cancer (Nonmelanoma)
Timothy McCardle, MD is an Assistant Member in Moffitt’s Department of Anatomic Pathology and Assistant Professor of Oncologic Sciences at USF. Dr. McCardle earned his medical degree at Southern Mississippi University and completed his residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at Washington/Barnes Jewish Hospital. He completed two fellowships: one in surgical pathology at Washington/Barnes Jewish Hospital and another in dermatopathology at the University of South Florida. He is actively involved in the education and training of University of South Florida residents and fellows. He has been a co-PI on two studies associated with the Melanoma Genome Project, and he has patented a process for forming functionally gradient materials. Dr. McCardle has participated in community service and is an active member of five professional associations.
Education & Training
- Anatomic Pathology
- Washington/Barnes Jewish Hospital - Surgical Pathology
- University of South Florida - Dermatopathology
- Washington/Barnes Jewish Hospital - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Southern Mississippi(MD, - MD)
- Liu H, Innamarato PP, Kodumudi K, Weber A, Nemoto S, Robinson JL, Crago G, McCardle T, Royster E, Sarnaik AA, Pilon-Thomas S. Intralesional rose bengal in melanoma elicits tumor immunity via activation of dendritic cells by the release of high mobility group box 1. Oncotarget. 2016 Jun;7(25):37893-37905. Pubmedid: 27177220. Pmcid: PMC5122358.
- Sloot S, Zager JS, Kudchadkar RR, Messina JL, Benedict JJ, Gonzalez RJ, DeConti R, Turner LM, McCardle T, Smalley KS, Weber JS, Sondak VK, Gibney GT. BRAF inhibition for advanced locoregional BRAF V600E mutant melanoma: a potential neoadjuvant strategy. Melanoma Res. 2016 Feb;26(1):83-87. Pubmedid: 26731560.
- Galliani JP, McCardle T, Johansen N, Nozile W. A 29-year-old man with exophytic Kaposi sarcoma and edema of the bilateral legs in the setting of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome. Dermatol Online J. 2013 Sep;19(8):19272. Pubmedid: 24021450.
- Tafreshi NK, Silva A, Estrella VC, McCardle TW, Chen T, Jeune-Smith Y, Lloyd MC, Enkemann SA, Smalley KS, Sondak VK, Vagner J, Morse DL. In vivo and in silico pharmacokinetics and biodistribution of a melanocortin receptor 1 targeted agent in preclinical models of melanoma. Mol Pharm. 2013 Aug;10(8):3175-3185. Pubmedid: 23763620. Pmcid: PMC3785103.
- Cheema A, Highsmith J, McCardle T, Castillo E, Sandin RL, Velez AP, Toney JF, Greene JN. Cutaneous manifestations of HTLV-1 infection: a case report. Infect Dis Clin Prac. 2012 Nov;20(6):435-437.
- Naghashpour M, Setoodeh R, Moscinski L, Bergier G, McCardle T, Glass F, Sokol L. Nonnecrobiotic necrobiotic xanthogranuloma as an initial manifestation of paraproteinemia and small lymphocytic lymphoma in a patient with Sjögren syndrome. Am J Dermatopathxxx. 2011 Dec;33(8):855-857. Pubmedid: 22042261.
- Casper DJ, Ross KI, Messina JL, Sondak VK, Bodden CN, McCardle TW, Frank Glass L. Useof anti-phosphohistone H3 immunohistochemistry to determine mitotic rate in thin melanoma. Am J Dermatopathol. 2010 Oct;32(7):650-654. Pubmedid: 20559123.
- McCardle TW, Messina JL, Sondak VK. Completely regressed cutaneous melanocytic lesion revisited. Semin Oncol. 2009 Dec;36(6):498-503. Pubmedid: 19995640.
- Riedel S, Bourbeau P, Swartz B, Brecher S, Carroll KC, Stamper PD, Dunne WM, McCardle T, Walk N, Fiebelkorn K, Sewell D, Richter SS, Beekmann S, Doern GV. Timing of specimen collection for blood cultures from febrile patients with bacteremia. J Clin Microbiol. 2008 Apr;46(4):1381-1385. Pubmedid: 18305133. Pmcid: PMC2292961.
- McCardle TW, Sondak VK, Zager J, Messina JL. Merkel cell carcinoma: pathologic findings and prognostic factors. Curr Prob Cancer. 34(1):47-64. Pubmedid: 20371074.
- Seaman B, Brem S, Fromm A, Staller A, McCardle T, Jain S. Intracranial spread of Merkel cell carcinoma to the cerebellopontine angle. J Cutan Med Surg. 16(1):54-60. Pubmedid: 22417997.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.