Find a Doctor
Melissa McGettigan, MD
Program: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. McGettigan received her Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, Florida. She completed a Diagnostic Radiology Residency at Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia. She then completed an Abdominal Imaging Fellowship at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. McGettigan joined Moffitt Cancer Center in 2016. Her clinical interests are in gastrointestinal and genitourinary radiology, musculoskeletal radiology and non-vascular image-guided procedures. Her research interests include applications of contrast-enhanced ultrasound for diagnosis and therapeutic intervention of gastrointestinal and genitourinary malignancies.
Education & Training
- Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology - Abdominal Imaging
- Medical College of Georgia - Radiology
- University of South Florida - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 19974
Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound for the Evaluation of Changes in Tumor Blood Flow and the Surrounding Hepatic Parenchyma before, during and after Hepatic Artery Embolization
Condition: Gastrointestinal Tumor
- Lam CA, McGettigan MJ, Thompson ZJ, Khazai L, Chung CH, Centeno BA, McIver B, Valderrabano P. Ultrasound characterization for thyroid nodules with indeterminate cytology: inter-observer agreement and impact of combining pattern-based and scoring-based classifications in risk stratification. Endocrine. 2019 Jul.66(2):278-287. Pubmedid: 31300961.
- Sabesan A, Felder S, Feuerlein S, Lam C, McGettigan M, Powers BD, Dessureault S, Dineen SP. Preoperative Radiographic Assessment Predicts Incomplete Cytoreduction in Patients with Low Grade Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of the Appendix. Ann Surg Oncol. 2019 Aug. Pubmedid: 31388776.
- Liu Y, Wang H, Li Q, McGettigan MJ, Balagurunathan Y, Garcia AL, Thompson ZJ, Heine JJ, Ye Z, Gillies RJ, Schabath MB. Radiologic Features of Small Pulmonary Nodules and Lung Cancer Risk in the National Lung Screening Trial: A Nested Case-Control Study. Radiology. 2018 Jan;286(1):298-306. Pubmedid: 28837413. Pmcid: PMC5738292.
- McGettigan MJ, Gatenby RA. Radiologic Pearls for Internists: A Case-Based Review. Am J Med. 2018 Jan;131(1):9-16. Pubmedid: 28889930.
- Valderrabano P, McGettigan MJ, Lam C, Khazai L, Thompson ZJ, Chung CH, Centeno BA, McIver B. Thyroid Nodules with Indeterminate Cytology: Utility of the American Thyroid Association Sonographic Patterns for Cancer Risk Stratification. Thyroid. 2018 Aug;28(8):1004-1012. Pubmedid: 29848195.
- McGettigan MJ, Menias CO, Gao ZJ, Mellnick VM, Hara AK. Imaging of Drug-induced Complications in the Gastrointestinal System. Radiographics. 2016 Jan;36(1):71-87. Pubmedid: 26761532.
- Woodall MN, McGettigan M, Figueroa R, Gossage JR, Alleyne CH. Cerebral vascular malformations in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. J Neurosurg. 2014 Jan;120(1):87-92. Pubmedid: 24236651.
- Carvalho KM, McGettigan MJ, Martin DF. GC/MS analysis of volatile organic selenium species produced during phytoremediation. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2001 Sep.36(7):1403-1409. Pubmedid: 11545362.