Find a Doctor
Kimberly L. Funaro, MD
Program: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Locations: Moffitt McKinley Outpatient Center
Cancer Types Treated: Breast Cancer, Ductal Carcinoma In Situ , Inflammatory Breast Cancer , Invasive Ductal Carcinoma , Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Dr. Funaro earned her MD at the University of Florida College Of Medicine in Gainesville. She completed a Diagnostic Radiology Residency at the University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center, followed by a Breast Imaging Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Funaro’s clinical interests include digital breast tomosynthesis, particularly tomosynthesis guided biopsies and localizations. She also has a strong interest in communicating effectively with patients and their healthcare providers to ensure that they understand breast imaging reports and recommendations, thus facilitating the best care possible. In addition, Dr. Funaro is committed to radiology resident education, including getting the residents involved in procedures and diagnostic workups, in addition to reading screening mammograms.
Education & Training
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Breast Imaging
- University of South Florida - Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Florida - MD
- Funaro K, Prather A, Niell B, Jared Weinfurtner R. Tissue marker migration after MRI-guided breast biopsy: Migration frequency and associated factors. Breast J. 2019 Aug. Pubmedid: 31448455.
- Funaro K, Drukteinis J, Falcon S. Screening Mammography and Digital Breast Tomosynthesis: Controversies. South Med J. 2017 Oct;110(10):607-613. Pubmedid: 28973699.
- Funaro K, Bailey KC, Aguila S, Agosti SJ, Vaillancourt C. A case of intraventricular primary central nervous system lymphoma. J Radiol Case Rep. 2014 Mar;8(3):1-7. Pubmedid: 24967022. Pmcid: PMC4035363.