Find a Doctor
Cancer Types Treated: Breast Cancer
Dr. Avan Armaghani is an Assistant Member in the Department of Breast Oncology. Dr. Armaghani received her MD degree from the University of Florida College of Medicine. She completed a Medical Oncology Residency and a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship at Shands Hospital at the University of Florida. Dr. Armaghani treats women and men with breast cancer and is committed to providing excellent patient care. Dr. Armaghani has participated in various research projects, most recently investigating the effects of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on stromal tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (sTIL) in breast cancer.
Education & Training
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida - Hematology & Oncology
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida -
- University of Florida College of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 17268
I-SPY 2 TRIAL (Investigation of Serial Studies to Predict Your Therapeutic Response with Imaging And moLecular Analysis 2)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19117
A Multicenter Phase II Study of Vaccines to Prevent Recurrence in Patients with HER-2 Positive Breast Cancer
CLINICAL TRIAL 19603
Single Arm, Open Label Phase 1b/2 Study of SGN-LIV1A in Combination with Pembrolizumab for First-Line Treatment of Patients with Unresectable Locally-Advanced or Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
Intervention: Pembrolizumab (Keytruda); SGN-LIV1A
CLINICAL TRIAL 18979
Phase II Open-Label, Randomized Study of PARP inhibition (Olaparib) Either Alone or in Combination with Anti-PD-L1 Therapy (Atezolizumab; MPDL3280A) in Homologous DNA Repair (HDR) Deficient, Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non-HER2-positive Breast Cancer
Intervention: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); Olaparib (Lynparza)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19632
A Phase Ib/II, Open-Label, Multicenter,Randomized Umbrella Study Evaluating the Efficacy And Safety Of Multiple Immunotherapy-Based Treatment Combinations In Patients With Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer (Morpheus-TNBC)
Intervention: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); Avastin (Bevacizumab); Bevacizumab; Cobimetinib; Eribulin Mesylate; Gemzar (gemcitabine); Ipatasertib; Not Applicable; SGN-LIV1A; Xeloda (capecitabine); capecitabine; gemcitabine
CLINICAL TRIAL 19755
A Phase 2, Open-Label Study of Intratumoral Tavokinogene Telseplasmid Plus Electroporation in Combination with Intravenous Pembrolizumab Therapy in Patients with Inoperable Locally Advanced or Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Intervention: Pembrolizumab (Keytruda); tavo-EP
CLINICAL TRIAL 18621
A Phase 1/2 Study of Talimogene laherparepvec in Combination with Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Intervention: Adriamycin (doxorubicin); Nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane); Talimogene laherparepvec 10^6 PFU (Talimogene Laherparepvec); Talimogene laherparepvec 10^8 PFU (Talimogene Laherparepvec); Taxol (paclitaxel); cyclophosphamide; cytoxan (cyclophosphamide); doxorubicin; paclitaxel
- Figura NB, Rizk VT, Armaghani AJ, Arrington JA, Etame AB, Han HS, Czerniecki BJ, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Breast leptomeningeal disease: a review of current practices and updates on management. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019 Jun. Pubmedid: 31209686.
- Armaghani A, Hernandez Gonzalo D, Daily K. Hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the colon. BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Apr;2015. Pubmedid: 25883249. Pmcid: PMC4401922.
- Crucian GP, Armaghani S, Armaghani A, Foster PS, Burks DW, Skoblar B, Drago V, Heilman KM. Dopamine does not appear to affect mental rotation in Parkinson's disease. J Mov Disord. 2014 Oct;7(2):77-83. Pubmedid: 25360231. Pmcid: PMC4213535.
- Iqbal S, Armaghani A, Aiyer R, Kazory A. Methotrexate nephrotoxicity: Novel treatment, new approach. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2013 Dec;19(4):373-376. Pubmedid: 24255083.
- Crucian GP, Armaghani S, Armaghani A, Foster PS, Burks DW, Skoblar B, Drago V, Heilman KM. Visual-spatial disembedding in Parkinson's disease. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2010 Feb;32(2):190-200. Pubmedid: 19484649.