Find a Doctor
Cancer Types Treated: Breast Cancer
Dr. Avan Armaghani is an Assistant Member in the Department of Breast Oncology. Dr. Armaghani received her MD degree from the University of Florida College of Medicine. She completed a Medical Oncology Residency and a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship at Shands Hospital at the University of Florida. Dr. Armaghani treats women and men with breast cancer and is committed to providing excellent patient care. Dr. Armaghani has participated in various research projects, most recently investigating the effects of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on stromal tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (sTIL) in breast cancer.
Education & Training
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida - Hematology & Oncology
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida -
- University of Florida College of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 17268
I-SPY 2 TRIAL (Investigation of Serial Studies to Predict Your Therapeutic Response with Imaging And moLecular Analysis 2)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19117
A Multicenter Phase II Study of Vaccines to Prevent Recurrence in Patients with HER-2 Positive Breast Cancer
CLINICAL TRIAL 18979
Phase II Open-Label, Randomized Study of PARP inhibition (Olaparib) Either Alone or in Combination with Anti-PD-L1 Therapy (Atezolizumab; MPDL3280A) in Homologous DNA Repair (HDR) Deficient, Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non-HER2-positive Breast Cancer
Intervention: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); Olaparib (Lynparza)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19632
A Phase Ib/II, Open-Label, Multicenter,Randomized Umbrella Study Evaluating the Efficacy And Safety Of Multiple Immunotherapy-Based Treatment Combinations In Patients With Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer (Morpheus-TNBC)
Intervention: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); Avastin (Bevacizumab); Bevacizumab; Cobimetinib; Eribulin Mesylate; Gemzar (gemcitabine); Ipatasertib; Not Applicable; RO6874281; SGN-LIV1A; Selicrelumab; Xeloda (capecitabine); capecitabine; gemcitabine
CLINICAL TRIAL 19755
A Phase 2, Open-Label Study of Intratumoral Tavokinogene Telseplasmid Plus Electroporation in Combination with Intravenous Pembrolizumab Therapy in Patients with Inoperable Locally Advanced or Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Intervention: Pembrolizumab (Keytruda); tavo-EP
CLINICAL TRIAL 18936
A Phase I-II Study of Interferon-gamma Plus Weekly Paclitaxel, Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab in Patients with HER-2 Positive Breast Cancer
Intervention: Herceptin (Trastuzumab); Pertuzumab; Taxol (paclitaxel); Trastuzumab; interferon gamma (Actimmune); paclitaxel; rhuMAb HER2 (Trastuzumab)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19803
A Phase II Trial With Safety Run-In Of Neoadjuvant Therapy With An Aromatase Inhibitor In Combination With Durvalumab (Medi4736) In Postmenopausal Patients With Hormone-Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer
Intervention: AMP-514 (Durvalumab); Anastrozole; Arimadex (Anastrozole); Aromasin (Exemestane); Durvalumab; Exemestane; Femara (Letrozole); Letrozole; MEDI4736 (Durvalumab)
CLINICAL TRIAL 20171
A Phase 1, Open-label, Dose Escalation Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetics of ARV-471 in Patients with ER+/HER2- Locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer, Who Have Received Prior Hormonal Therapy and Chemotherapy in the Locally Advanced/Metastatic Setting
CLINICAL TRIAL 19337
A Pilot Study Utilizing a HER2 Directed Dendritic Cell Vaccine During Neoadjuvant Therapy of HER2+ Breast Cancer
Intervention: DC1 Vaccine; Herceptin (Trastuzumab); Paraplatin (carboplatin); Pertuzumab; Taxotere (docetaxel); Trastuzumab; carboplatin; docetaxel; rhuMAb HER2 (Trastuzumab)
- Figura NB, Rizk VT, Armaghani AJ, Arrington JA, Etame AB, Han HS, Czerniecki BJ, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Breast leptomeningeal disease: a review of current practices and updates on management. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019 Sep;177(2):277-294. Pubmedid: 31209686.
- Armaghani A, Hernandez Gonzalo D, Daily K. Hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the colon. BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Apr;2015. Pubmedid: 25883249. Pmcid: PMC4401922.
- Crucian GP, Armaghani S, Armaghani A, Foster PS, Burks DW, Skoblar B, Drago V, Heilman KM. Dopamine does not appear to affect mental rotation in Parkinson's disease. J Mov Disord. 2014 Oct;7(2):77-83. Pubmedid: 25360231. Pmcid: PMC4213535.
- Iqbal S, Armaghani A, Aiyer R, Kazory A. Methotrexate nephrotoxicity: Novel treatment, new approach. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2013 Dec;19(4):373-376. Pubmedid: 24255083.
- Crucian GP, Armaghani S, Armaghani A, Foster PS, Burks DW, Skoblar B, Drago V, Heilman KM. Visual-spatial disembedding in Parkinson's disease. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2010 Feb;32(2):190-200. Pubmedid: 19484649.