Welcome to Your Clinic Patient Experience at Moffitt Cancer Center
Our staff warmly welcomes you and your family...
We, at Moffitt, are an experienced and dedicated team, committed to providing quality care in a safe and supportive environment. We thank you for the trust you have placed in us and look forward to caring for you.
Your Clinic Appointment
- Please arrive at your scheduled check-in time. This allows us the opportunity to register you, check you in, meet with your healthcare team, and answer your questions.
- Upon arrival to your clinic, please check-in at one of the front desks. You will need your insurance card and a photo ID. If you are at the McKinley or International Plaza locations, you will check-in at the Central Registration desk on the first floor before going to your clinic.
- You will receive a wristband for identification. Your wristband will be checked at every point in the process to ensure your safety and to ensure you receive the proper treatment.
- You will first meet with the medical assistant to review:
- Your blood pressure, temperature, height and weight (vital signs)
- Questions related to your health
- Medications you are taking
- You will meet with your healthcare team to discuss symptoms, additional testing, or procedures needed. You may initially meet with one of our advanced practice professionals (physician assistant or nurse practitioner) before a treatment plan is finalized with your Moffitt doctor.
- You may also meet with other team members such as the dietitian, social worker, members of the radiation oncology, medical oncology, and/or surgical team, if appropriate.
If the clinic is experiencing delays, we will make every attempt to keep you notified. Please do not hesitate to ask our check-in staff to obtain current wait time information for you.
- As a new patient, please complete the online "First Appointment To Do List" prior to your first clinic visit, if at all possible. It takes about one hour to complete. You will want to arrive early if you have not yet completed this.
- If you are diabetic, please bring your medications and snacks with you the day of your clinic appointment.
- If you take medication for pain, please bring it with you.
- Bring a list of your medications with dosage and frequency, including all over-the-counter and herbal medications you are taking. You may bring your medication bottles. It is helpful if we have your pharmacy and primary doctor’s information.
- If you have an advance directive document, such as a Living Will or a Durable Power of Attorney, please bring a copy with you to your clinic visit.
With your permission and if your doctor thinks a clinical trial is a good option for you, a member of the clinical research team may approach you during your clinic visit to discuss clinical trials. Clinical trials are important in discovering new treatments for cancer and improving patient care. Participation in a clinical trial is voluntary. To learn more about clinical trials, please ask your healthcare team.
After Your Clinic Appointment
- Please check-out at the reception desk after your clinic appointment. The clinic scheduling staff will schedule most of your future clinic appointments before you leave.
- Additional testing may be required in-between clinic appointments. You may need to return to Moffitt to complete the additional testing. The scheduling staff will arrange any labs, imaging, procedures, and follow-up appointments.
Rescheduling or Canceling an Appointment
To reschedule or cancel a clinic appointment, please contact:
- Moffitt patient schedulers at (813) 745-3980 or call toll free at 1-888-MOFFITT (1-888-663-3488).
- Call Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday 8 a.m. to noon.
- You can also cancel or reschedule your appointment using your Moffitt Patient Portal.
Our experienced schedulers will find an appointment to meet your healthcare needs. We will do our best to schedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you need to cancel an appointment, please call and we would be happy to assist you with rescheduling.
MyMoffitt Patient Portal is a free, secure web-based service that allows you to access your personal information anywhere, at any time. To register or log into the Patient Portal, visit https://my.moffitt.org. You will be able to access your medical records, view appointments, notify us of outside testing done, request medication refills, and send non-urgent messages to your treatment team.
Moffitt’s patient portal is also available as an app for iPhone and Android devices. To install, search for "MyMoffitt" in the app store. Please note that you must first sign up for a MyMoffitt Patient Portal account.
For help with the Patient Portal, call (813) 745-8111.
Contacting Your Healthcare Team
We want to make sure we address your needs. Please either send us a non-urgent message through the Patient Portal, or if more urgent, call your healthcare team directly at 1-888-663-3488. We will contact you as soon as possible.
After your visit you may receive a survey asking about your experience. Your feedback is very important to us and we would appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
Thank you for allowing us to care for you!