These are recordings of "TeleTalks," our weekly series of educational conferences on issues of interest to patients and families impacted by women's cancer. Click here to listen to previous TeleTalks.
Future TeleTalks - Tuesdays from 7 to 7:30 p.m.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, our October Calendar is dedicated to Breast Cancer topics. A special thank you to our presenters: Dr. Lengacher, Dr. Czerniecki, Tina Tavares and Dr. Hoover.
The last talk of the 2016 Teletalk Season was on November 15.
TeleTalk phone number: 1-800-206-6032 | Access code: 6633488#
- Get Ready to Quit Smoking- Understanding Tobacco Addiction - Lisa Sloan, Tobacco Cessation Specialist (November 15, 2016)
- Hormones R Us – Endocrinology Meets Cancer - Michele Charles, Certified Oncology Nurse (November 1, 2016)
- Lymphedema: What Every Person with Breast Cancer should Know - Dr. Susan Hoover, Breast Surgical Oncologist (October 25, 2016)
- What to Expect at Your Breast Reconstruction Appointment - Tina Tavares, Certified Plastic Surgery Nurse (October 18, 2016)
- Promising New Breast Cancer Research Using Vaccine Therapy - Dr. Brian Czerniecki, Chair, Department of Breast Oncology (October 11, 2016)
- Using Mindfulness based Stress Reduction to Improve Chemo-Brain in Breast Cancer Survivors - Cecile Lengacher, PhD (October 4, 2016)
- When cancer metastasizes to the brain - Dr. Peter Forsyth, Neuro-Oncologist (September 27, 2016)
- From breast biopsy to surgery- what to expect - Dr. Nazanin Khakpour, Breast Surgical Oncologist (September 20, 2016)
- Everything you wanted to know about GYN cancers but were afraid to ask - Dr. Robert Wenham, Gynecologic Oncologist (September 13, 2016)
- Living with Uncertainty - Dr. Lora Thompson, Psychologist (August 30, 2016)
- What Cancer Patients Need to Know about ports, PICC lines and JP drains - Joni Stanton, RN-BC (August 23, 2016)
- Discovering Spiritual Strength during Difficult Times - Valerie Storms, Chaplain (August 16, 2016)
- Life after breast cancer recurrence - Dr. Roohi Ismail-Khan, Breast Medical Oncologist (August 9, 2016)
- Understanding Peripheral Neuropathy - Kathy Roberto, Breast Oncology Nurse (August 2, 2016)
- Survivorship- Moving Beyond Treatment - Sara Blackketter, Registered Dietitian (July 26, 2016)
- Telecharla del martes: Preguntas que plantearse antes de la reconstruccion del seno (19 de Julio)
- Optimizing your nutrition during and after treatment - Dr. Amber Orman, Radiation Oncologist (June 28, 2018)
- Tomosynthesis (3D mammography)- a new dimension in breast cancer detection - Dr. Bethany Niell, Radiologist (June 21, 2016)
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer - present challenges and new perspectives - Dr. Loretta Loftus, Breast Medical Oncologist (June 7, 2016)
- Managing treatment side effects- ask your Publix pharmacist - Hillary Reckenwald, Pharmacy Manager (May 21, 2016)
- DCIS and early stage breast cancer - Dr. John Kiluk, Breast Surgical Oncologist (May 17, 2016)
- Diabetes ¿Cuál es mi riesgo? - Fabiola Figueroa, Educadora certificada en diabetes (3 de Mayo)
* To listen to previously recorded talks, go to TeleTalks by Topic.