Patients can receive top-notch, Moffitt-quality care without leaving the comfort of home. New and established patients in Florida can interact with clinical care teams through face-to-face video appointments using your computer or mobile device.
Benefits of Virtual Care
- Over 95% patient satisfaction with virtual care
- 98% of providers are accessible by virtual care when appropriate
- Accessible and easy to use on most smartphones
Journey to Virtual Care
|Patient schedules virtual care if deemed appropriate by provider.||Patient is sent a reminder with details for the connection.||The onboarding team will help you complete a practice visit.||Connect to consult with your Moffitt provider and care team.||If needed, the provider will order labs, imaging or prescription.|
Connecting is Easy
1. Be Informed and Ready
- Read the Telemedicine consent form prior to your appointment.
- At the beginning of your visit, you will be asked for your verbal consent.
2. Prepare for Your Moffitt Virtual Visits Location
- Download the Zoom app to access a secure connection.
- Confirm your visit and request live technical support.
- Plan to join your visit in a private, quiet, well-lit location with a good internet connection.
3. Access Your Virtual Visit
- Access your Moffitt Virtual Visit invite.
- Connect by selecting the hyperlink 5-10 minutes prior to your visit.
Follow some of our expert tips to help you complete a successful visit with your care team.
- Find an appropriate, well-lit, private location.
- Connect a few minutes prior to your visit to reduce any stress you may be feeling.
- Minimize distractions by turning off other devices and sitting upright when possible.
- Present yourself as you would for an in-person visit.
- Attend with a list of prepared questions, medications and information so all of your concerns can be addressed.
Frequently Asked Questions
While a phone call only allows for audio, Virtual Visits include video as well as audio. This is a more comprehensive visit that allows you to virtually be in the same room as your clinical team. You will need a device (computer or mobile) with internet access, a built-in microphone and a camera.
If you're on a computer, you should use Google Chrome.
At this time, Virtual Visits are only available to new or established patients in Florida.
Yes. Our IT and Cybersecurity teams have worked diligently to vet and configure Zoom to safeguard against any threats. Each Virtual Visit appointment uses a unique identification number and password and is secured using 256bit AES encryption. Moffitt has hosted more than 40,000 Virtual Visits with no security incidents to report.
Most, but not all, health plans provide coverage for virtual visits. Please check with your plan to determine your specific coverage. Your out-of-pocket costs for virtual visits will depend on insurance benefits. If you have any billing and financial inquiries or would like to discuss financing or financial assistance options, please contact Moffitt Customer Service at 1-800-456-3434 ext. 8422.
Yes, the visit allows for appropriate prescribing based on the provider’s evaluation.