TAMPA, Fla. – Moffitt Cancer Center will host the 23rd annual meeting of the Florida Geriatrics Society from 7 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. June 23 at the Vincent A. Stabile Research Building, 12902 Magnolia Drive.
The meeting is geared toward physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychologists, pharmacists and other geriatric-focused health care professionals.
Inna Sheyner, M.D., C.M.D., A.G.S.F.
Medical Director, Community Living Center, James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital; Associate Professor, University of South Florida College of Medicine
Charles B. Slonim, M.D.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of South Florida College of Medicine; Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Florida School of Medicine
Jonathan Stewart, M.D.
Staff Geropsychiatrist, James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital; Professor, Psychiatry and Geriatric Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine
Lynn Panton, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Nutrition, Food & Exercise Sciences, Florida State University College of Human Sciences
Martine Extermann, M.D., Ph.D.
Oncologist, Senior Adult Program, Moffitt Cancer Center; Professor, Department of Oncologic Sciences and Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine
Mary Hall, M.D.
Urology Chief and Director of Stone Center, James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital; Assistant Professor, Department of Urology, University of South Florida College of Medicine
Ruth Dowling, J.D.
Office of VA Regional Counsel
Sarah Hoffe, M.D.
Director of Physician Services and Chief of Radiation Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center; Associate Professor, University of South Florida College of Medicine
Upon completion of the educational programs, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss advances in geriatric literature and the relevance to clinical practice.
- Assess common ophthalmologic conditions, diagnosis and treatment.
- Explain modifications in conventional oncologic treatment for older patients.
- Discuss the development of an individualized exercise plan in the overall management of treatment.
- Demonstrate assessment and management techniques for typical problems in end-stage dementia.
- Describe evaluation and treatment of voiding dysfunction in the elderly.
- Discuss detection of financial exploitation and appropriate intervention.
- Describe recent advances in radiation oncology and their pertinence to cancer treatment in the elderly.
For continuing education information, or to register, call the Florida Geriatrics Society at (850) 224-1282 or visit www.floridageriatricssociety.org.
About Moffitt Cancer Center
Follow Moffitt on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MoffittCancerCenter
Follow Moffitt on Twitter: @MoffittNews
Follow Moffitt on YouTube: MoffittNews
Located in Tampa, Moffitt Cancer Center is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, which recognizes Moffitt’s excellence in research and contributions to clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. Moffitt is also a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, a prestigious alliance of the country’s leading cancer centers, and is listed in U.S. News & World Report as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” for cancer.