WHO: Moffitt Cancer Center, the only Florida-based NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center.
WHAT: Moffitt along withAguilas International Medical Institute; Alzheimer’s Association - Florida Gulf Coast Chapter; Centros Médicos Las Américas Tampa; Florida Agricultural And Mechanical University; Florida Hospital Tampa; Hillsborough County Health Department; InnoVision Eye Care & Eye Wear; Lifetime Cancer Screening & Prevention Center; Mole Patrol; South University - College of Nursing; St. Joseph’s Hospital; Tampa General Hospital; The Icla da Silva Foundation; University of South Florida - College of Public Health; USF - Morsani College of Medicine; and WalgreensPharmacyare partnering to offer free health testing to medically underserved and uninsured men in the Tampa Bay area. Event includes a free check-up for men, health education workshops, fitness demonstrations and exhibitors of community support services. Admission and parking are free. Breakfast and lunch are available while supplies last.
Bilingual Event – English/Spanish; Help in Haitian Creole also on site.
Free testing includes:
- Blood Pressure
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Cholesterol (Total)
- Diabetic Foot Screening
- Flu Shots
- Hepatitis A, B, C
- Lung Function
- Prostate Exam Voucher (must qualify)
- Skin Cancer
- 100 Black Men of Tampa Bay, Inc.
- Bay Area Legal Services, Inc.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida
- Center for Equal Health- University of South Florida
- Coventry Health Plan of Florida
- Tampa Bay Community Cancer Network
- Health and Healing Touch Wellness Center
- LUNA & Family Alternatives Services
- Lutheran Services Florida - Early Head Start Program
- GLAAM (Gay & Lesbian Alliance At Moffitt)
- R21 Prostate Cancer Study
- M-POWER, Moffitt Program for Outreach Wellness Education & Resources
- Molina Healthcare
- Florida Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- James A. Haley VAMC Minority Veterans Program
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Suncoast Chapter
- Walgreens Pharmacy
- West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc.
- Workout Time
DATE: Saturday, March 17
TIME: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Registration opens at 8 a.m.
- Health Tests & Exhibits: 10 a.m. to noon and 1 – 3 p.m.
- Testing and exhibits are closed noon to 1 p.m.
WHERE: Marshall Student Center
University of South Florida
USF Cedar Circle
Tampa FL 33620
Enter campus near East Fletcher Avenue and North 42nd Street
TO ATTEND: Pre-register at www.MHFtampa.com or call 1-888-MOFFITT (1-888-663-3488), Press #4.
About Moffitt Cancer Center
Follow Moffitt on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MoffittCancerCenter
Follow Moffitt on Twitter: @MoffittNews
Follow Moffitt on YouTube: MoffittNews
Located in Tampa, Moffitt Cancer Center is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, which recognizes Moffitt’s excellence in research and contributions to clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. Moffitt is also a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, a prestigious alliance of the country’s leading cancer centers, and is listed in U.S. News & World Report as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” for cancer.