WHO: Moffitt Cancer Center, the only NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center based in Florida.
SPONSORS: Bank of America; Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida; New York Yankees; The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; and Walgreens
WHAT: Moffitt,Alzheimer’s Association Florida Gulf Coast, Brandon Eye Associates and Hearing Professionals, Centros Médicos Las Américas Tampa, Florida A&M University, Fundación Familia Sana, Florida Department of Health, HepAintHip, Inc., InnoVision Eye Care & Eye Wear, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Tampa Care Clinic, Tampa General Hospital, The Icla Da Silva Foundation, University Community Hospital and University of South Florida are partnering to offer free health testing to medically underserved and uninsured men in the Tampa Bay area. Event includes a free check-up for men, health education workshops, fitness demonstrations and exhibitors of community support services. Admission and parking are free. Breakfast and lunch are available while supplies last.
Bilingual event – English/Spanish; Haitian Creole volunteers on site.
Free testing includes:
- Blood Pressure
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Cholesterol (Total)
- Flu Shots
- Hearing/Wax Checks
- Hepatitis ABC Panel
- Memory Tests
- Skin Cancer
Prostate Exam Vouchers:
Prostate Exam Vouchers for testing at Moffitt will be available for men who qualify.
Exhibitors: (Partial List)
- 100 Black Men of Tampa Bay, Inc.
- Alzheimer’s Association, Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
- American Trade Enterprises, Inc.
- Bay Area Legal Services, Inc.
- BayCare Health System
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Crescent Foundation
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
- Florida Council on Compulsive Gambling
- Florida Senior Medicare Patrol Program
- Greater Palm River POINT, CDC
- Healthy Start Coalition of Hillsborough County, Inc.
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART)
- Latinos Unidos para un Nuevo Amanecer(LUNA)
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- LifePath Hospice
- Marrow Nation, Inc.
- REACHUP, Inc. – CHHS Male Involvement Initiative
- Suncoast Community Health Centers
- Tampa Bay Community Cancer Network (TBCCN)
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission
- West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc.
- WUSF’s Healthy State.org
WHEN: Saturday, March 12
WHERE: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (health tests from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m./Registration opens at 8 a.m.)
Activities are closed during lunch (12 – 1 p.m.)
Marshall Student Center
University of South Florida
USF Cedar Circle
Tampa FL 33620
Enter campus at E. Fletcher Avenue and USF Palm Drive
To pre-register visit www.mhftampa.com or call (813) 745-1808.
About Moffitt Cancer Center
Located in Tampa, Florida, Moffitt Cancer Center is an NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center - a designation that recognizes Moffitt’s excellence in research and contributions to clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. Moffitt currently has 14 affiliates in Florida, one in Georgia, one in Pennsylvania and two in Puerto Rico. Additionally, Moffitt is a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, a prestigious alliance of the country’s leading cancer centers, and is listed in U.S. News & World Report as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” for cancer. Moffitt marks a very important anniversary this year – 25 years committed to one mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.