Benefits to Volunteering
Moffitt Cancer Center leadership values the contributions of all volunteers, and they demonstrate this appreciation through the benefits provided. Volunteers at Moffitt are invited to participate in any of the many discounts offered to our employees. Moffitt specific benefits to volunteers include:
- Adult volunteers receive a free meal, up to $5, in the cafeteria on the day that they volunteer. Student volunteers receive the employee meal discount of 10 percent in the cafeteria.
- 20 percent discount in Lori’s Gift Shop when you show your volunteer ID badge
- Complimentary Valet Parking - Please Note: All USF students with student parking hang-tags must park in USF designated parking as required by USF.
- Letters of recommendation after meeting a 100-hour commitment
- Annual TB screening and flu shot at no cost
Of course, some of the most valuable benefits are intrinsic, such as:
- Making a positive impact on your community’s quality of life
- Making a difference to someone else
- Gaining work and life experience
- Meeting new friends
- Building self-esteem and self-confidence
- Strengthening leadership skills
- Experiencing diversity
- Deciding on a career path
- Expanding opportunities and challenges
- Having some fun!
Together we can change lives today.
We’re all in this fight together, and we’d be honored to have your help. Getting started is easy and the rewards are endless. Help us get closer to a cure.