Thank you for celebrating our 25th anniversary!
Many thanks to everyone who joined us to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Magnolia Ball on Saturday, April 14, 2018 at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel.
In just one evening, this signature Moffitt event hosted more than 600 guests and raised $2.7 million to benefit cancer research, education and patient care. Moffitt champions, Les and Pam Muma, chaired this year’s ball, while The Beach Boys rocked the crowd.
The night’s program gave guests a dose of the courage that inspires Moffitt’s tireless work each day:
- American hero, Master Sergeant Art, shared his brave fight against cancer with an emotionally charged personal testimonial video and received a surprise message from his donor.
- Moffitt leaders, including President & CEO Dr. Alan List, founder H. Lee Moffitt, and Foundation President Bill Brand, added their own personal messages to the crowd.
- Foundation Board of Directors Chairman, Ed Droste, rallied the crowd once again while Scott Hamilton drummed up support with his own cancer connection.
- Former Board Chair, Bob Rothman, made a generous $500,000 gift to kick off the challenge match.
- The Beach Boys rounded out the evening with good vibrations and surfer tunes.
In 25 short years, the Magnolia Ball has become a remarkable event that truly touches lives and propels us toward a cancer-free world. Each year, Moffitt supporters come together to celebrate Moffitt’s more than 350,000 courageous patients who have been touched by cancer. Since its inception, the Magnolia Ball has raised more than $42 million for research, education and patient care.
Save the date for the next Magnolia Ball on April 27, 2019, again at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel. We hope to see you there supporting Moffitt’s mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
For event or sponsorship questions, please contact Liz Flach at (813) 745-3298 or RSVP@Moffitt.org
Thank You to our 2018 Sponsors
Live Auction Sponsor
Ted and Marty Couch