Moffitt volunteers are all ages and from all walks of life. Many have been touched in some way by cancer and have joined our team to simply “give back” or to help make a difference in the lives of others. One of the many benefits of volunteering at Moffitt is the satisfaction of knowing that you will be contributing to something very important to the whole community and world! No matter the area you serve in as a volunteer, you are contributing to the Moffitt Mission “to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer”. Moffitt Cancer Center values its volunteers and the compassionate and conscientious service they provide for patients, visitors and staff. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to work beside our faculty, staff and team members to ensure our patients receive the best of care.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM CLASSIFICATIONS AT MOFFITT
Adult Program – 18 years or older who is not currently enrolled in a post high school training program, college or university.
Student Program – 18 years or older who is currently enrolled in an accredited training program, college or university.
Summer Teen Program – open to teens ages 14 to 17 who are children of Moffitt team members only. Moffitt team members are asked to check MoffittNet for additional information and application procedures.
The Volunteer Mission is “to make a difference through compassionate care and service”. In order to provide the best service to our patients, families and staff, we need dependable and compassionate volunteers. The quality of our program depends on your reliability.
Assignments are made depending on your availability, interest and ability to fulfill the assignment requirements. Our goal is to meet the needs of the Center and at the same time, ensure that each volunteer’s time is well utilized and that you enjoy your volunteer assignment. Below are our expectations of you as a volunteer:
- Commit to one four (4) hour shift per week, (volunteer opportunities are Monday-Friday, no weekends, with minimal evening shifts available).
- Meet the 60-hour commitment
- Wear proper uniform and volunteer ID badge when volunteering
- Act in a professional manner – our patients and families have high expectations of Moffitt and to exceed those expectations is our goal.
- Reliability and dependability – volunteers are here to support staff and enhance the services of their assigned area. Your commitment to your service area and role as a volunteer is essential to the quality of service our patients and families expect.
Moffitt Cancer Center (Magnolia - USF campus)
12902 Magnolia Drive
Tampa, FL 33612
Moffitt International Plaza (South Tampa)
4101 Jim Walter Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607
Moffitt McKinley Outpatient Center
10920 N. McKinley Drive
Tampa, FL 33612
Volunteer Brochure (PDF)