Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Charity Care Process
Caring for patients who do not qualify for financial assistance and cannot afford to pay for services is an important part of Moffitt Cancer Center’s commitment to Florida’s citizens. Patients often come to Moffitt when their cancer has progressed or returned after prior treatment or when complications have arisen. Some will have already exhausted their insurance maximums. Others are no longer covered due to a job loss. Some simply fall in a gap, earning too much to qualify for Medicaid but not enough to purchase coverage. At a time when they may need more aggressive treatment, they are often least able to pay.
The goal of Patient Financial Services is to identify and assist those patients who need help with expenses incurred during treatment. The process for referring an uninsured patient is the same as the normal referral process. Please call the Patient Appointment Center at 1-888-MOFFITT or Refer Online. Once the process has started, the patient can be evaluated for charity care funding.
The following list includes some of the community resources that also offer assistance to patients with all types of cancer:
- American Cancer Society: cancer.org, 1-800-227-2345
- Cancer Care: cancercare.org, 1-800-813-4673
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN): NCCN.org/patients
- National Cancer Institute (NCI): cancer.gov, 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237)
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship: canceradvocacy.org, 1-877-622-7937
- Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF): patientadvocate.org, 1-800-532-5274
- Cancer Support Community: cancersupportcommunity.org, 1-888-793-9355