Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
2nd Annual Florida Leadership Summit to Eliminate HPV-Related Cancers
Save The Date!
HPV Elimination – Leading Progress Statewide (HELPS)
Thursday, March 4, 2021
The course will raise awareness about HPV, HPV-related cancers, current HPV vaccination recommendations, current cervical cancer screening and treatment recommendations, progress made, and ways to address barriers in order to reach control and elimination of HPV-related cancers in both males and females. As a result of this conference, participants will be able to assess the vaccination and screening status of their constituents and learn evidence-based quality improvement tools and strategies they can adopt to address barriers and monitor rates of vaccine uptake and adherence to screening and treatment recommendations.
- Identify Florida HPV vaccination rates and cervical cancer screening and treatment rates and learn where disparities may exist
- Highlight strategies and quality improvement initiatives that address barriers among vulnerable populations when accessing care across the continuum
- Dispel common myths that impact vaccine uptake and adherence to screening and treatment recommendations
- Plan how to approach the topic of HPV vaccination with adults (26-45)
- Discover how a patient can influence, impower, and impact others through advocacy
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on HPV vaccination and cervical cancer screening rates
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on clinical workflow to administer HPV vaccine and provider cervical cancer screening
- Begin initial discussion to inform and create an action plan to achieve elimination goals
Anna Giuliano, PhD
Director, Center for Excellence
Susan Vadaparampil, PhD
ACD Community Outreach and Engagement
Community Outreach and Engagement
Location: Zoom Virtual Conference
Target Audience: Physicians, Mid-Levels, RNs, Community Health Care, Patients/Caregivers
Registration coming soon!
Conference Contact: Kelly.Maharaj@Moffitt.org or Gina.Woodward@Moffitt.org