Genetic Risk Assessment
More patients are asking about their cancer risks and genetic testing. Our experts can help you to provide your patients with the most up-to-date information and resources for evaluating patients for inherited cancer susceptibility. Our goal is to provide you with additional services to complement the care you provide to your patients.
An estimated 5-10 percent of breast cancers and 15 percent or more of ovarian cancers occur because of an inherited cancer predisposition. Tremendous technological advances have expanded genetic testing options to include testing for many other inherited conditions (including BRCA 1/2) in a single test.
Our Experts Provide the Following Services:
- Comprehensive genetic risk assessment services for inherited cancers
- Evaluate inherited cancer risk through comprehensive review of personal and family cancer history
- Discuss available genetic testing options to evaluate cancer risks
- Discuss the benefits and considerations of testing, including insurance coverage and confidentiality
- Help patients decide if genetic testing is right for them
- Explain the process for ordering genetic testing
- Discuss medical management options based on family history and/or testing results – This can include assistance with decision making prior to initiating cancer treatment
- Discuss the emotional impact of cancer risk information on an individual and family members
To refer a patient to our Genetic Risk Assessment Service, call 1-888-MOFFITT or complete our online form or reach out to a physician liaison. We respond to most online referrals on the same business day in which they are received, helping to shorten referral times and give patients prompt access to important information.