Moffitt Cancer Center's pharmacy team ensures that every patient’s pharmaceutical needs are met throughout the duration of cancer treatment and recovery. Our pharmacy team works closely with each patient's referring physicians, as well as Moffitt's teams in other programs, such as medical oncology, critical care, blood and bone marrow transplantation and hematology, to provide the appropriate medications for each patient’s unique treatment plan. Through our collaborative approach to pharmaceutical treatment delivery, we provide a simple, streamlined experience for all parties involved, leading to exceptional satisfaction rates and an improved quality of life for every patient that our advanced program serves.
Moffitt's pharmacy offers:
- Same-day prescription processing via electronic/e-prescribing
- On-site prescription dispensing for a complete range of medications, including high-risk oral oncolytics, that have a comprehensive risk evaluation mitigation strategy
- Mail-order prescription refills delivered directly to the patient’s home address
- Comprehensive medication reviews
- Medical education and counseling services (including live-stream telepharmacy conferencing and pharmacokinetic consultations) for the safe and effective use of all pharmaceuticals and nutritional products
- Assistance navigating insurance copayments and disease state foundation support programs
- Adherence to follow-up and MedWatch reporting requirements
Our clinic also participates in the development, support and management of investigational/research protocols with Moffitt’s Phase I/Clinical Research Unit. Furthermore, Moffitt operates an ASHP-accredited PGY-1 pharmacy residency and PGY-2 oncology pharmacy residency, speaking to the expertise and expansive knowledge base of our pharmaceutical professionals.
For more information about referring a patient to Moffitt, complete our online form or contact a physician liaison. With a single referral, patients gain access to every program and service at Moffitt, including our specialty pharmacy. And, to keep referral times as short as possible, online patient referrals are typically responded to within the same business day.