Multidisciplinary Clinic for HER2+ Breast Cancer Patients
Standing at the forefront of breast cancer treatment and clinical research, Moffitt Cancer Center caters to the specific need for comprehensive coordination of care for women with HER2-positive breast cancer. This niche clinic is led by a multispecialty team that takes a patient-centered, evidence-based approach to treatment planning with an emphasis on access to clinical trials. We address the disease from multiple angles, helping women with this uncommon form of breast cancer achieve positive outcomes and an enhanced quality of life.
Treatment advantages for HER2-positive breast cancer patients
Physicians who refer their patients with HER2-positive breast cancer to Moffitt can ensure that those patients will receive:
- Careful case review from a qualified team of breast cancer specialists via a streamlined process in a single visit. This team includes fellowship-trained physicians specialized in breast surgery, medical oncology and radiation oncology standing at the forefront of breast cancer treatment and clinical research.
- Highly specialized, next-generation diagnostic and treatment services from board-certified providers who have ample experience in addressing HER2-positive breast cancer.
- Comprehensive education and responsive advice designed to help women make confident and informed decisions about their treatment. Our team provides personalized guidance to women who are newly diagnosed, in active treatment or curious about their risk of cancer recurrence.
- Access to the latest developments in treatment through our clinical trial program, which allows eligible patients to try new therapies before they are made widely available. Our commitment to facilitating breakthroughs in breast cancer treatment has earned us a designation from the National Cancer Institute as a Comprehensive Cancer Center. Moffitt is the only Florida-based cancer center to hold this prestigious designation.
- Compassionate supportive care services from counselors, physical therapists, lymphedema therapists, social workers, dietitians and other professionals, who are available in the same location as our treatment services. Our goal is to help women from not only a clinical standpoint, but an emotional one as well.