Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Moffitt Cancer Center’s Department of Anesthesiology is a leader in use of regional anesthetics for cancer surgeries including:
- PECS and Serratus blocks for breast surgery
- Erector Spinae blocks for thoracic and axilla surgery
- Transverse Abdominis Plane blocks for abdominal surgery
- Lumbar Plexus blocks for hip surgery
- Femoral/Sciatic blocks for knee surgery
As part of our Enhanced Recovery after Surgery program, we aim to use regional techniques as often as possible to provide optimal pain control, minimize opioid related side effects, and minimize length of stay.
Our regional anesthesia techniques for breast surgery have contributed to cost savings, decreased length of stay and better pain control for our patients.
We've published our findings in high impact journals and collaborated with our academic colleagues to ensure we are leading the effort in providing the best anesthetic care possible.