The Power of Habit and Health
The year is yours, what will you do with it? By the end of the holiday season, making a new year resolution is to be expected. Implementing just one change that will promote health is a wonderful resolution. Spending a little more time at the gym, watching what you eat or even spending time outdoors can all play into your health. Discover these five healthy activities and awareness’ you can do to be the change you want to see.
Healthy Habits Worth Starting
- Eat a healthy diet. Discover how to eat a rainbow.
- Be active. Discover how to keep it moving.
- Go to the doctor for your checkups. Determine when to get a cancer screening.
- Being outdoors is great for your heart and your mind. Don’t forget your sunscreen.
- Be aware of your environment. Discover more below.
The Air We Breathe
Air quality plays a large role in environmental health. You’ve got to protect your lungs from irritants that may be lurking. Some of these can you cause you to become very sick, or even cancer-causing. While you may have little control over outdoors, you can perform steps to control the air in your home.
Clear the Air
- Does your vacuum have a HEPA filter? Remove harmful particles using one of these.
- Add plants to your home. These help remove harmful toxins that a HEPA filter can’t remove.
- Use natural and fragrance-free cleaning products when possible.
- Have you tested your home for radon? What you can’t see might still be there.