Moffitt Welcomes New Tampa Bay Area Residents
For nearly 30 years, Moffitt Cancer Center has contributed to the prevention and cure of cancer serving the Tampa Bay community, state of Florida and beyond.
The courage and inspiration of our patients combined with the care and support of our team have resulted in better outcomes, even greater than the national average - offering a better quality of life. View our Outcomes
Our commitment to quality care is unsurpassed because of our multispecialty team who help patients find the right diagnosis, treatment and support - all in one place. If you or someone you know is seeking the leader in cancer care, we are right in your backyard.
At Moffitt, we recognize that screenings increase the chances of detecting certain cancers early, when they are most likely to be curable.
- Breast Cancer: Screening every 1-2 years starting at age 40. Schedule an appointment online for a mammogram.
- Cervical Cancer: Screening every 5 years
- Skin Cancer: Periodic skin exams are important
- Prostate Cancer: Initial screening starting at age 50
- Lung Cancer: Screenings for current or former smokers between the ages of 55-80. Schedule an appointment with our online patient registration form.
- Colorectal Cancer: Initial screening for both men and women starting at age 50
In addition to screenings, living a healthy lifestyle can help with cancer prevention, healing and a better quality of life.
Tips to a healthier life:
- Protect your skin
- Know yourself, family history and your risks
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Get restful sleep
- Limit alcohol intake
- Avoid tobacco
- Get moving
To learn more, call 1-888-MOFFITT or complete a new patient registration form online to schedule an appointment.