Make Sure You’re Covered
Things happen in life when it’s least expected. This can be especially stressful when it comes to your health, that’s why having the right health insurance coverage is important. With open enrollment season approaching, be sure to choose the right coverage for you and your family.
What is open enrollment?
Open enrollment is a period of time each year when you can sign up for health insurance through the government's Marketplace or through your employer. If you miss open enrollment, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you recently had a life event, like losing coverage, getting married, or having a baby.
When is open enrollment period?
- The Health Exchange Open Enrollment period is November 1 - December 15, 2019
- Open enrollment periods through employers differ. Check with your employer for up-to-date details on your company's open enrollment
What is the Health Exchange?
The Health Exchange is where you can choose from a range of government-regulated and standardized health care plans offered by the insurers participating in the exchange.
What should I consider when choosing a health insurance plan?
- Compare costs
- Quality of care
- Make sure your doctors and hospitals of choice are covered
- Is it part of the national network and managed care organizations?
- Is Moffitt Cancer Center part of the plan?
- Ask the right questions
- Understand the insurance lingo
For more information about insurance coverage, please email FCUinsuranceNavigator@Moffitt.org or call (813) 745-7300. Our Financial Clearance Specialist can confirm whether any plan you might be considering will cover Moffitt services and specialists.