Doing Your Best
Don't agonize over your health status, get organized! Taking time to become healthy isn't as complicated as you might think. Sometimes it's easy to get entangled with unrealistic health goals or new trends that veer you off course. Start your journey to a healthy you with these simple steps.
- Select meals that promote health.
- Do something active a couple times a week and while keeping in mind what your healthy weight entails.
- Don't be afraid to try something new. Be on the lookout for tools to help you on your way including fitness trackers .
- Learn what carcinogens are and avoid them when possible.
- Don’t skip your annual checkup with your doctor. Be sure to ask them about any necessary screenings.
Your Annual Checkup
Too often this appointment gets placed on the back-burner. Don't forget your doctor enjoys seeing you and really cares about your health. Changes to your sleep, aches, pains, digestive system should be part of your discussion. While you're there, don't be afraid to ask questions about any screenings you might be due for. Some to think about are; lung screening, mammogram, thyroid screening or a colonoscopy will help detect illness early.