Breast Cancer Awareness Events to Benefit Moffitt
Check out the events taking place throughout the month of October 2015 that benefit Moffitt Cancer Center:
- October - Moffitt has partnered with CREW Tampa Bay for the City In Pink initiative. Local businesses throughout the Tampa Bay area will show their support for breast cancer awareness with large “pink” displays throughout the month of October. A portion of Moffitt’s Stabile Research Building and the monument outside of the Moffitt hospital on the Magnolia campus will be illuminated in pink.
- October - Purchase “The Don” T-shirt throughout the month of October and join our team in the fight against cancer. All profits from the sale of this shirt will be donated directly to The Shula Fund at Moffitt Cancer Center. To purchase a T-shirt, go to store.donshula.com
- October - All Taco Bus locations are donating 25 cents of the proceeds for each burrito sold with a pink taco to the Shula Fund at Moffitt Cancer Center.
- Oct. 9 - Panera Goes Pink: 100 percent of the sales on Oct. 9 from each pink ribbon bagel sold at participating Tampa Bay area Paneras will benefit Moffitt. University of South Florida mascot Rocky the Bull will be at the Bruce B. Downs location, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers mascot Captain Fear will be at the Jesuit location. Other participating locations include Westshore, Feather Sound, Bardmoor Village, Highwoods, Carrollwood, St. Petersburg, Hyde Park, Bellair Bluffs, Oldsmar, Clearwater Mall, Tyrone, Pinellas Park, Plant City, Riverview, Valrico, Tarpon Springs, Countryside, Brandon, Largo Mall, Spring Hill, Wiregrass and West Waters.
- Oct. 10 - Pink Magnolia Third Annual Bash to Beat Cancer to benefit The Shula Fund at Moffitt Cancer Center. The event at Gaspar’s Patio Bar & Grille, 8448 N. 56th St., will offer “Pink Drink” specials, as well as an appetizer buffet for guests. A silent auction will be held throughout the day.
- Oct. 10 and 11 - Downtown Boca Raton’s Art & Craft Festival will donate proceeds from specific artwork sales to The Shula Fund at Moffitt. The festival is 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days at Palmetto Park Road from U.S. 1 to Mizner Boulevard in Boca Raton.Oct. 11 — Tampa Bay Buccaneers Treasure Chests 5K and “Pink” Game. Join Bucs fans for the Treasure Chests 5K at 8 a.m. for a course that circles Raymond James Stadium. A portion of the proceeds benefits breast cancer research and patient services at Moffitt. Register online here. Registration includes a ticket to watch the Jacksonville Jaguars take on the Bucs at 1 p.m. Moffitt breast cancer survivors, physicians and team members will don pink and show support for breast cancer awareness at the game.
- The American Cancer Society will host several Making Strides Against Breast Cancer events in October including:
- Oct. 17: Making Strides of Pinellas at Vinoy Park
- Oct. 24: Making Strides of Hillsborough at Amalie Arena
- Oct. 24: Making Strides of Pasco at The Shops at Wiregrass
- Oct. 17-18 - The 16th Annual Downtown Stuart Craft Festival will donate proceeds from specific artwork sales to The Shula Fund at Moffitt. The event is 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days along Osceola Street in Stuart. Proceeds from specific art sales at the 28th Annual Las Olas Art Fair will benefit The Shula Fund at Moffitt. The event is 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days along Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale.
- Oct. 21 - Breast Reconstruction Awareness (BRA) Day
- Oct. 24 - The Bulls Against Cancer campaign kicks off when Southern Methodist University takes on the USF Bulls at Raymond James Stadium. The Bulls and Moffitt have partnered to make breast cancer awareness and fundraising a team sport. Football players will wear special pink uniforms, and fans are encouraged to do the same. Purchase limited-edition Bulls Against Cancer Under Armour T-shirts on ViralStyle.com and 100 percent of proceeds will benefit cancer research and patient services at Moffitt.
- Oct. 24-25 - Proceeds from specific art work sales at the 21st Annual Downtown Sarasota Art & Craft Festival will benefit The Shula Fund at Moffitt. The event is 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days along Main Street in Sarasota.
- Oct. 27 - The Second Annual Southern Hills Fight From the Fairway Golf Tournament invites guests to play a round of golf while benefitting The Shula Fund at Moffitt. Registration information is available here.
- Oct. 29 - Moffitt and the Tampa Bay Lightning will participate in Hockey Fights Cancer™, a charitable initiative founded in December 1998 by the National Hockey League® and National Hockey League Players’ Association. Watch the Colorado Avalanche take on the Lightning at 7:30 p.m. at Amalie Arena. The initiative is supported by players, NHL member clubs, NHL alumni, the NHL Officials’ Association, professional hockey athletic trainers and equipment managers, corporate marketing partners, broadcast partners and fans throughout North America. The goal of Hockey Fights Cancer is to raise money and awareness for national and local organizations involved in cancer care and research. Through the Hockey Fights Cancer initiative, the NHL’s U.S. and Canadian charitable foundations and NHL supporters and fans have donated more than $15 million to support national and local cancer research institutions, children’s hospitals, player charities and local cancer organizations. For more information about Hockey Fights Cancer, visit hockeyfightscancer.com.
- Oct. 31 - The Second Annual Delray Marketplace Art & Craft Festival in Delray Beach will donate proceeds from specific artwork sales to The Shula Fund at Moffitt. The event is 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Delray Marketplace.