Awards & Recognition
t Moffitt Cancer Center, we’ve earned our share of accolades over the years, with members of our staff receiving some of the highest physician and cancer awards within the medical field. As an organization, we’ve consistently been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals for the treatment of cancer in the country, as well as being the best in the state of Florida.
While we appreciate the recognition, we remain focused on the real prize: a cure. Only then can we sit back and reflect on what we’ve accomplished.
Additional acknowledgments include:
- Ranked No. 9 on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals for Cancer rankings in 2017, making Moffitt the top-ranked cancer hospital in the Southeast and in the state of Florida.
- Dr. Alan List, president and CEO of Moffitt Cancer Center, has been elected to the Society of Hematologic Oncology Board of Directors. He will serve as President-Elect and a member of the board for 2017-18, as President and Chairman of the board for the 2018-19 term and as Immediate Past President and a member of the board for 2019-20.
- LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation - 2018
- Moffitt achieved exemplar status for its Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) program, the highest designation in an international nurse-driven initiative designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults. Moffitt is one of only 38 medical centers in the nation to have achieved this status.
- Moffitt moved up two spots to be the No. 4 ranked health care facility on DiversityInc’s 2017 Top Hospitals & Health Systems list. Moffitt is the only cancer center and the only Florida health institution on the specialty list.
- Moffitt Cancer Center was named 2017 Nonprofit of the Year by the Tampa Bay Business Journal. Moffitt was also recognized as the category winner in the Health & Human Services category.
- Moffitt was named a 2017 Business of Pride honoree by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and recognized for its commitment to LGBTQ diversity and non-discrimination policies.
- Moffitt once again made the Tampa Bay Times Top Workplaces ranking for the seventh time. The Top Workplaces lists are based solely on an employee feedback survey administered by WorkplaceDynamics, LLC, a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement. Several aspects of workplace culture were measured.
- Moffitt Cancer Center is a two-time Best and Brightest winner recognized by the National Association for Business Resources. The cancer center has been named one of the Best and Brightest Companies To Work For®, as well as one of the Best and Brightest Companies in Wellness.
- Dave Summitt, Moffitt’s Chief Information Security Officer won the 2017 Information Security Executive® Southeast People’s Choice Award.
- Ranked No. 6 on the 2016 Top 10 Hospitals and Healthcare Systems list.
- Magnet® designation in recognition of our nursing excellence. Magnet recognition is granted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the credentialing body of the American Nurses Association, to honor outstanding health care organizations for nursing professionalism, teamwork, quality patient care and innovations in nursing practices.
- Named a Working Mother Best Company for several years in a row, most recently in 2017.
- Recognized as a winner of the 2015 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for its commitment to offering an exceptional patient experience.
- Ranked in the 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Recognized by the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care