Ovarian Cancer Surgery and Other Treatment Options for Women with Cancer in West Palm Beach, FL
State-of-the-art ovarian cancer surgery and breast cancer surgery techniques, including robot-assisted and minimally invasive procedures, are available to patients from West Palm Beach, Florida, at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. Our multispecialty team of experts has the collective expertise necessary to effectively treat ovarian and breast cancer. To ensure the most comprehensive care possible for our patients, each woman’s treatment plan is designed through the collaborative efforts of highly skilled gynecologic oncologists, pathologists, plastic surgeons, radiologists, radiation oncologists, reproductive endocrinologists and supportive care providers.
For instance, if a patient is advised to consider ovarian cancer surgery, one of the following techniques may be recommended:
- Cytoreductive/debulking surgery – A surgeon removes as much tumor tissue as is safely possible, which could include the removal of tissue from nearby organs, such as the spleen, gallbladder, stomach, bladder or colon
- Unilateral or bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – A surgeon removes one or both ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Partial or total hysterectomy – A surgeon removes the uterus or both the uterus and cervix
- Lymph node dissection – A surgeon removes the lymph nodes in the pelvic and para-aortic areas
- Omentectomy – A surgeon removes the fat pad inside the abdomen that covers the stomach and large intestine
As a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Moffitt is continually developing and refining new therapies for ovarian and breast cancer, and our work is well recognized and respected throughout the world. Through our robust clinical trial program, many of our patients are among the first to benefit from promising new ovarian cancer surgery and breast cancer surgery procedures as well as other treatment options, and we continue to improve the standard of care for all present and future cancer patients. Moffitt also offers a full range of supportive services, including lodging assistance for out-of-town breast and ovarian cancer surgery patients from West Palm Beach, FL, and other areas. We understand that dealing with cancer can be challenging, and we want to make the experience as smooth as possible for our patients. By recommending trusted hotel partners with properties located nearby, we can eliminate some of the stresses that go along with travel and being away from home, allowing our patients to focus on what’s most important – their health and well-being.
Patients from the West Palm Beach, FL, area are welcome to contact us to discuss ovarian cancer surgery, breast cancer surgery, or any other aspect of cancer care with the experts at Moffitt, and no referrals are ever necessary. Call 1-888-663-3488 or schedule an appointment online.