Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Ovarian Cancer Surgery and Other Treatment Options for Women in Bonita Springs, FL
Patients in Bonita Springs, Florida, who are seeking ovarian cancer surgery or want to explore other treatment options can consult with the team of ovarian cancer experts at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. Our surgeons have performed a high volume of procedures, gaining invaluable experience and allowing them to be true experts in the field of ovarian cancer surgery. Additionally, our cancer center incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow our surgeons to perform minimally invasive and robotic-assisted ovarian cancer surgeries.
At Moffitt, a multispecialty team of cancer experts evaluates each patient’s condition to determine the best approach to treatment and supportive care, which may include ovarian cancer surgery. If an operation is recommended, our skilled surgeons are experienced in performing the following types of surgery:
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – The removal of both ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – The removal of one ovary and its adjoining fallopian tube
- Partial hysterectomy – The removal of the uterus
- Total hysterectomy – The removal of the uterus and cervix
- Cytoreductive/debulking surgery – The removal of as much of the tumor as possible, which may include tissues from nearby organs, such as the gallbladder, spleen, stomach, bladder or colon
- Omentectomy – The removal of the fat pad that covers the intestines inside the abdomen
- Lymph node dissection – The removal of the lymph nodes in the pelvic and para-aortic areas
In addition to our world-renowned cancer treatment, Moffitt also offers travel assistance for any woman coming from Bonita Springs or another area of Florida for ovarian cancer surgery. By partnering with several nearby hotels that meet or exceed our strict infection control and hygiene standards, Moffitt is able to ensure that patients can take advantage of discounted rates for safe, convenient and comfortable lodging to lessen their travel expenses and provide added peace of mind.
For more information on the ovarian cancer surgery procedures offered at Moffitt or our travel assistance for individuals in the Bonita Springs, FL, area, call 1-888-663-3488 or complete our online patient registration form to schedule your appointment. No referral is required to meet with any of our oncologists specializing in ovarian cancer.