Ovarian cancer surgery and other advanced treatment options for women from the Boca Raton, Florida, area are available at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. At Moffitt, we understand that each woman is unique, which is why we take an individualized, multispecialty approach to cancer treatment. Our tumor board of cancer specialists meets weekly to discuss each patient’s case and monitor her progress on an ongoing basis. These talented professionals evaluate key factors, such as the size, extent and location of a tumor, and refine the patient’s treatment plan as needed. Members include a wide range of experts, including gynecologic oncologists, plastic surgeons, dietitians, radiologists, pathologists and supportive care providers. Through this approach, our patients benefit from multiple expert opinions without the need for referrals.
If a patient is advised to consider ovarian cancer surgery, our tumor board might recommend any of the following treatment techniques:
- Lymph node dissection – Removal of the lymph nodes in the pelvic and para-aortic areas
- Omentectomy – Removal of the fat pad that covers the large intestine and stomach
- Unilateral or bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of one or both of the ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Cytoreductive/debulking surgery – Removal of as much of a tumor as is safely possible, and possibly tissue from nearby organs such as the gallbladder, stomach, spleen, colon or bladder
- Partial hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus
- Total hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus and cervix
As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt provides patients from the Boca Raton, FL, area with access to state-of-the-art technologies and advanced ovarian cancer surgery treatment options. Additionally, we can provide our out-of-town patients with assistance in finding hotel accommodations so they can remain conveniently close to Moffitt during their treatments. We’ve partnered with several nearby hotels that meet our exceptionally high standards for hygiene and infection control and offer our patients discounted rates. In this way, we can help ensure the utmost comfort and safety of our patients, including those with weakened immune systems.
Women from the Boca Raton, FL, area who are interested in learning more about the ovarian cancer surgery options at Moffitt can call 1-888-663-3488 or complete our patient registration form online. We welcome patients with and without referrals.