Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Ovarian Cancer Surgery for Women from the Altamonte Springs, FL, Area
Many women from the Altamonte Springs, Florida, area who are considering ovarian cancer surgery come to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa for highly individualized treatment and compassionate care. We believe in providing the most comprehensive treatment options available, so each patient’s case is evaluated and regularly reviewed by our tumor board of cancer specialists. This highly skilled team of experts with wide-ranging specialties meets weekly to discuss each patient’s case in detail and evaluate key factors, such as the size, extent and location of a tumor. Through this approach, our patients benefit from the opinions of multiple medical professionals without referrals. Our team includes radiologists, pathologists, reproductive endocrinologists, radiation oncologists, dietitians, social workers and other supportive care providers.
Moffitt’s multispecialty team of experts can determine and recommend the optimal course of treatment for a patient, which may include one or more of the following ovarian cancer surgery techniques:
- Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removes one ovary and the adjacent fallopian tube
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removes both ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Cytoreductive/debulking surgery – Removes as much of a tumor as is safely possible, which might entail the removal of tissue from nearby organs such as the gallbladder, spleen, stomach, colon or bladder
- Omentectomy – Removes the fat pad that covers the large intestine and stomach
- Partial hysterectomy – Removes the uterus
- Total hysterectomy – Removes the uterus and cervix
- Lymph node dissection – Removes the lymph nodes in the pelvic and para-aortic areas
Designated by the National Cancer Institute as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, Moffitt’s efforts to continue to gain ground in the fight against cancer are widely recognized and respected. Through our robust clinical trial program, eligible patients have exclusive access to promising new drugs and ovarian cancer surgery techniques. Using our research, as well as our state-of-the-art technology, Moffitt now has the ability to do what was previously impossible.
At Moffitt, we understand that dealing with cancer can be challenging, so to make the experience as smooth as possible for our patients from the Altamonte Springs, FL, area, we’ve partnered with several nearby hotels that offer our patients discounted rates, as well as peace of mind. The hotel management and staff of these properties adhere to our strict hygiene and infection control standards to provide enhanced comfort and safety to our patients, including those who’ve just had ovarian cancer surgery. This way, our patients can focus more fully on their health and well-being.
Any woman in the Altamonte Springs, FL, area who is interested in learning more about the ovarian cancer surgery options available at Moffitt can call 1-888-663-3488 or go to our online new patient registration form. No referrals are necessary.