Ovarian Cancer Treatment Information for Residents of Fort Myers, FL
Women in Fort Myers, Florida, who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer can receive the latest advances in treatment and compassionate supportive care at Moffitt Cancer Center in nearby Tampa. Moffitt’s gynecological oncology team is a national leader in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cancer and other types of gynecological malignancies.
When it comes to treating ovarian cancer, the opinions of multiple gynecological specialists are better than one. Moffitt patients benefit from the expertise of our multispecialty team that includes gynecological oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, surgeons and other physicians who focus exclusively on treating cancers that affect the female reproductive system. Ovarian cancer patients at Moffitt also benefit from:
- Individualized treatment plans developed by Moffitt’s tumor board
- Advanced robotic surgical treatment and sophisticated therapies
- Fertility preservation services from reproductive endocrinologists, if desired
- Supportive care from social workers, massage therapists, yoga instructors, dietitians, pain management specialists and other professionals
- A robust clinical trial program that allows eligible patients to experience the latest breakthroughs in ovarian cancer treatment before they are made widely available
Additionally, Moffitt offers a full range of screening and diagnostic services to women who are at an increased risk of developing gynecological cancers or who are exhibiting symptoms of cancer.
We understand that traveling to Moffitt from Fort Myers, FL, presents some logistical challenges. That’s why we have partnered with several reputable hotels near our cancer center to offer reduced rates to out-of-town patients and their families. Plus, all of our experts practice under the same roof, so patients won’t need to travel to multiple offices in an unfamiliar city to receive the services they require.
If you live in Fort Myers, FL, and would like to consult with a Moffitt physician regarding ovarian cancer treatment or testing, call 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online. Referrals are not necessary to become a Moffitt patient.