Find Lung Cancer Screening Near You in the St. Petersburg, FL, Area
For lung cancer screening near you in St. Petersburg, Florida, look to Moffitt Cancer Center. Our comprehensive screening program is among the best in the nation and has resulted in our being named a Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance. For patients with one or more lung cancer risk factors, the importance of receiving regular lung cancer screenings cannot be understated. Our high-definition CT scans are an effective method for identifying cancerous abnormalities before they have progressed to cause noticeable symptoms. Patients whose cancers are detected early generally have more treatment options available to them, which can lead to better outcomes and quality of life for our patients.
Moffitt’s lung cancer screening program is open to individuals from St. Petersburg, FL, and other areas who are considered to be high-risk according to national guidelines and evidence-based practices. This includes individuals who:
- Are between the ages of 55 and 80
- Have smoked one pack a day for at least 30 years
- Have smoked two packs a day for at least 15 years
- Have smoked three packs a day for at least 10 years
- Are former smokers who have quit in the last 15 years
- Have a personal or family history of lung cancer
- Have been exposed to secondhand smoke or other carcinogens such as diesel exhaust, radon, asbestos, coal products or silica
If the results of your lung cancer screening indicate that cancerous abnormalities may be present, you will have immediate access to the specialists within our Thoracic Oncology Program, who will recommend an individualized treatment plan that will most effectively target your individual cancer. You will also have access to a number of supportive care services to ensure your physical and emotional needs are being met as you undergo treatment.
If you are looking for lung cancer screening near you in St. Petersburg, FL, call 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online. We welcome patients with and without referrals.