COVID-19 Safety Precautions: Find the Latest Visitor and Mask Policies. Learn More
Thoracic Clinic FAQs
1. Why doesn’t the time on my appointment slip/online reflect my actual appointment time?
The time on your appointment slip/online reflects your check-in time which is the time you should arrive in clinic to begin the check-in process. For new patients, the check-in time is 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment to ensure there is adequate time for the exchange of information and filling out initial paperwork, and the check-in time for existing patients is 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment which allows them to move through the check-in process comfortably.
2. What is taking so long?
If you find yourself wondering what is keeping the doctor, here are a few things it could be:
- There are many doctors working simultaneously, and while the space is large, to accommodate everyone each doctor works with 2 rooms on average.
- Each doctor takes the time necessary to address their patients and their patient’s concerns appropriately.
We understand that your time is valuable and appreciate your patience!
3. Can I get my prescriptions filled here?
Yes! There is a Publix pharmacy on campus located across from the chapel (in between red and gold valet). If you do choose to have your prescriptions filled here please allow the pharmacy approximately 1 hour to have them ready for pick-up.
*You can also get a prescription for a case of Boost filled here and it’s much cheaper!
4. Do I need to bring my records?
Yes! While paper records can be faxed from one facility to another, images cannot, and therefore it is VERY important to bring the imaging CDs with you to your appointment. If you are unable to get to the facility to obtain your imaging CDs please have them mailed to Moffitt 2 weeks prior to your appointment. The address is 12902 USF Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612 with attention to PACS Library. This will help ensure that your images get to your doctor in time for your appointment.