Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Questions to Ask Your Lung Cancer Specialist
Speaking to a lung cancer specialist can help if you’re feeling a bit confused or frightened about your recent diagnosis. Specifically, a medical professional who is experienced in treating your type of cancer can provide personalized advice and useful information to address your concerns and ease your fears. By learning about your condition and creating a support network, you will be better positioned to make the important decisions that lie ahead.
Some questions to ask
Because you may be in entirely new territory, you may be unsure of what to ask. When you meet with your lung cancer specialist, you might consider asking the following questions:
- What type of lung cancer do I have?
- What is the stage of my lung cancer, and what does that mean?
- Has my cancer spread?
- What are my treatment options, and which do you recommend?
- What are the possible side effects of each treatment, and what can I do to manage them?
- When do I need to begin treatment?
- Can I participate in a clinical trial, and if so, can you help me find the best one for me?
- Should I make any lifestyle changes?
- What advice would you give a friend or family member in my situation?
- Are there any websites, brochures or other materials that I can use to learn more about my condition?
If you are looking for a lung cancer specialist, come to Moffitt Cancer Center. The multispecialty team in our Thoracic Oncology Program has extensive experience in treating all types of lung cancer, including uncommon conditions such as small cell lung cancers. As a global cancer research leader with a robust clinical trial program, we offer our patients access to the latest treatment breakthroughs as soon as they become available. And, our commitment to advancing cancer treatment has earned us national recognition, as we are the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida.
At Moffitt, we understand that a lung cancer diagnosis can turn your world upside-down. The multispecialty team in our Thoracic Oncology Program is here to help you cope with whatever challenges you may face throughout your treatment journey and beyond. To request an appointment with a lung cancer specialist, call 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online. We do not require referrals.