At Moffitt Cancer Center, we provide world-class liver cancer treatment to thousands of patients every year – including a number of patients from Sarasota, Florida. Located in Tampa, we offer a wide range of innovative liver cancer treatment options in a single, convenient location.
As part of our commitment to individualized medicine, we thoroughly evaluate every patient when they turn to us for treatment. We know that there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all treatment plan; that’s why our experienced tumor board assesses the size, stage and location of the tumor and other personal factors to determine the best possible approach for every patient. That’s also why we offer every type of liver cancer treatment available, including:
- Several different approaches to liver cancer surgery, including conventional, minimally invasive and robotic-assisted procedures, as well as interventional radiology techniques that can be used as alternatives to traditional operations
- Numerous chemotherapy drugs, including novel medications and multiple-drug combinations
- Targeted radiation therapy delivery techniques to eliminate as many tumor cells as possible while sparing the surrounding healthy tissues and organs
- Clinical trials, through which patients can access innovative options such as immunotherapies and biological therapies before they are widely available in other settings
- Supportive care services, which are specially designed to improve each patient’s quality of life during and after treatment
Not only do we match each patient with the therapies that offer the most promise for his or her unique situation, but also with the oncologists who specialize in his or her tumor site. The patients will receive treatment from a team of liver cancer experts, all of whom meet regularly to assess the patient’s response to therapy.
Because we understand that patients have far more important things to think about than where to stay during treatment, we’ve partnered with several local hotels that are clean, comfortable and close to our main campus. Discounted rates are available for our patients.
To learn more about the liver cancer treatment options available to patients from Sarasota, FL, call 1-888-663-3488 or schedule a visit online. Referrals are not necessary to make an appointment with our Gastrointestinal Oncology Program.