The latest advancements in leukemia diagnostics and treatment are available to people from West Palm Beach, Florida, at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. Our Malignant Hematology Program is one of the largest and most renowned in the world. Because our specialists treat a high volume of patients, they possess an unparalleled level of experience addressing even the most complex types of leukemia. And, when it comes to achieving a positive outcome and an improved quality of life, this experience can make all the difference.
A national leader in leukemia treatment
Leukemia patients from West Palm Beach, FL, and throughout the country choose to travel to Moffitt for several reasons. Here are just a few:
- In a single location, our patients receive treatment from a multispecialty team that includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, hematologists, pathologists, radiologists, fellowship-trained surgeons and other experts, all of whom specialize in their type of cancer.
- We provide breakthrough leukemia treatments, such as monoclonal antibody therapy and bone marrow transplant in collaboration with Moffitt’s Bone and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy Program. Each patient receives an individualized treatment plan that is approved by our tumor board.
- As a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, we are committed to advancing leukemia treatment through our ambitious clinical trial program. Participating patients have access to exciting new therapies before they are made available elsewhere.
- Our team also includes supportive care professionals such as counselors, dietitians, social workers and other experts who specialize in helping leukemia patients cope with their diagnosis.
Moffitt has partnered with reputable hotels near our cancer center to offer reduced rates to out-of-town patients and their families. These hotels adhere to our superior hygiene standards and are dedicated to providing a friendly, comfortable environment for patients to heal and relax with loved ones.
Frequently asked questions
Does Moffitt offer telehealth services?
Today’s patients have access to Moffitt-quality care wherever they are through our Virtual Visits. A modern approach to cancer care, Virtual Visits allow patients to consult with members of their clinical care team—including surgeons, oncologists and nurses—via a smartphone, tablet or webcam-enabled computer while remaining at home. This telehealth service is ideal for routine follow-up appointments and may not be available to out-of-state patients. Follow this link to learn more about Moffitt Virtual Visits.
What amenities does Moffitt offer to patients?
Moffitt takes a well-rounded approach to care that focuses on the entire patient, not just the cancer. Here, patients have access to a full spectrum of thoughtfully designed amenities to promote healing and wellness, including:
- The Arts in Medicine studio
- Pet therapy programs
- The AYA (Adolescent and Young Adult) Lounge for patients between the ages of 15-39
- The Patient Library and Welcome Center
- A full-service salon
- Multiple dining options
- A convenient onsite pharmacy
- An interfaith chapel and quiet room for meditation
What are my lodging options?
No one lodging option is right for every patient, which is why we offer several choices to accommodate a variety of needs and preferences. Patients who are traveling to Moffitt from West Palm Beach or another area can choose to stay at one of our partner hotels located near Moffitt or a fully furnished apartment. See the latest information about our lodging options here.
What can caregivers and family members expect?
Moffitt is dedicated to supporting the caregivers and family members who support our patients. We understand the unique challenges that these individuals face as a loved one undergoes cancer treatment, which is why we offer an array of special programs, events, and support groups designed to help caregivers and family members achieve their best well-being. Learn more about our Patient and Family-Centered Care.
We’re here to help
For answers to any additional questions you may have about leukemia treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center, call 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online. Patients who live in the West Palm Beach, FL, area can also call Moffitt Malignant Hematology & Cellular Therapy at Memorial Healthcare System at 954-265-4325 for additional information or to schedule an appointment.