COVID-19 Safety Precautions: Find the Latest Visitor and Mask Policies. Learn More
Kidney Cancer Surgery for Residents of Fort Myers & Naples, FL
Moffitt Cancer Center, a renowned leader in kidney cancer surgery, welcomes patients from Fort Myers and Naples, Florida, as well as other nearby cities. Located just a short drive away in Tampa, Moffitt makes it possible for patients to benefit from the most advanced surgical techniques and technologies, while still remaining close to home.
When it comes to kidney cancer surgery, numbers matter. As a high-volume cancer center, our team has helped thousands of individuals fight cancer and gain higher quality lives. We have a team of surgeons who exclusively treat renal cancers, making them among the most highly specialized experts in the field. And, many of our surgical oncologists have extensive experience with minimally invasive procedures and robotic surgeries, allowing us to complete even the most complex operations with the utmost precision.
Additionally, we take an individualized approach to treatment. A multispecialty team evaluates each patient’s needs to determine which type of kidney cancer surgery is most likely to provide the best results. Since what’s best for one patient may not be ideal for another, we offer a number of surgeries for renal cancer, including:
- Open partial nephrectomies – Surgeons remove the tumor and a few surrounding tissues through a standard abdominal incision.
- Open radical nephrectomies – Surgeons remove the entire kidney (as well as the nearest adrenal gland, lymph nodes and/or surrounding fatty tissues, if necessary) through a standard abdominal incision.
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomies – Surgeons remove the tumor and a few surrounding tissues through a series of small abdominal incisions.
- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomies – Surgeons remove the entire kidney (as well as the nearest adrenal gland, lymph nodes and/or surrounding fatty tissues, if necessary) through a series of small abdominal incisions.
- Arterial embolization – Interventional radiologists inject a spongy or glue-like material into the artery that delivers blood to the tumor, essentially preventing the tumor from getting the blood it requires to grow.
Patients who travel from Fort Myers, Naples or other surrounding areas to access these services can rely on Moffitt for help with logistics. Our local partner hotels ensure that patients will have a clean and conveniently located place to stay throughout the duration of their treatment, and many even offer shuttle services to assist with transportation.
For more information about kidney cancer surgery, residents of Fort Myers and Naples, FL, can call 1-888-663-3488 or submit a new patient registration form online. Referrals are not required to discuss kidney cancer surgery with our expert oncologists.