COVID-19 Safety Precautions: Find the Latest Visitor and Mask Policies. Learn More
Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment for Patients from Ft. Myers FL
The latest advances in Hodgkin lymphoma treatment and supportive care are available to residents of Ft. Myers, Florida, at Moffitt Cancer Center. Located in nearby Tampa, our cancer center is relied upon by thousands of lymphoma patients from throughout the country thanks in part to our world-class expertise, diverse treatment options and patient-centered care.
Moffitt’s approach to Hodgkin lymphoma treatment
Choosing where to receive treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma is a significant decision that requires careful thought. Many patients who live outside of Tampa choose to travel to Moffitt for treatment. Here are a few reasons why:
- Multispecialty expertise. Patients in our Malignant Hematology Program benefit from the combined expertise of hematologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and other experts who focus exclusively on treating hematologic cancers like lymphoma.
- Unrivaled experience. Moffitt is a high-volume cancer center with physicians who routinely address the most uncommon and complex types of lymphoma, and our extensive experience leads to more positive outcomes and enhanced quality of life for our patients.
- Individualized attention. Each patient’s lymphoma treatment team collaborates as a tumor board to create a highly individualized treatment plan, then meets regularly to review the patient’s progress and refine the plan as necessary.
- Diverse treatment options. From novel chemotherapy combinations to progressive immunotherapies and stem cell transplantation, our lymphoma experts offer a variety of innovative treatments.
- Trailblazing clinical trials. Moffitt spearheads a robust clinical trial program that gives eligible patients access to the latest breakthroughs in lymphoma treatment before they are made widely available.
Additionally, Moffitt’s ambitious research efforts have led to our prestigious designation as a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. Moffitt is currently the only Florida-based cancer center to hold this distinction.
Support for patients and caregivers
Lymphoma isn’t merely a lymphatic cancer—it’s a disease that impacts patients from an emotional standpoint, as well. To ensure our patients have the support they need to combat the unique challenges of living with cancer, Moffitt offers a range of important supportive care services in the same location as clinical treatment. These services include:
- Counseling and psychological care
- Nutritional guidance
- Pain management
- Yoga and meditation
- Spiritual care
- Advance care planning
- Assistance from social workers
- Survivorship care
In line with our mission to create an environment of healing and wellness, we also offer pet therapy, an Arts in Medicine studio, an Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Lounge and many other special services and programs for our patients and their caregivers.
At Moffitt, we know that a patient’s family members and friends play a vital part in his or her treatment. We also understand the immense emotional toll that comes along with caring for a loved one with cancer. That’s why we provide a variety of support groups and special events for caregivers and families—including our Families First program—and encourage them to play an active role in their loved one’s treatment through open communication with clinical care teams.
Nearby lodging options
Of course, traveling to Moffitt for Hodgkin lymphoma treatment may present a few logistical challenges. To help simplify the care process for our patients from Ft. Myers and their loved ones, we’ve partnered with multiple hotels located near our cancer center to offer reduced rates. These hotels adhere to stringent safety and sanitation standards, and many of them offer complimentary shuttle service to and from Moffitt. Our patients can also choose to stay in fully furnished apartments that deliver many of the conveniences of home—to learn more about our nearby lodging options, click here.
Take the next step
If you live in the Ft. Myers area, you’re not far from a world-class cancer treatment center. Contact Moffitt at 1-888-663-3488 to learn more about our Hodgkin lymphoma treatment options or how we can assist out-of-town patients and caregivers. You may also submit a new patient registration form online.