Many women from Miami, Florida, and throughout the country choose to travel to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa for uterine (endometrial) cancer treatment. The reason is simple – Moffitt stands at the forefront of cancer treatment and clinical research. Our gynecological clinic is led by a multispecialty team of fellowship-trained surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologists, pathologists, fertility preservation specialists and other experts who focus exclusively on malignancies of the female reproductive system. Our unparalleled level of expertise in treating even the most uncommon uterine cancers plays a direct role in helping our patients achieve the best possible outcome and quality of life.
Uterine cancer treatment options at Moffitt
Each woman’s ideal course of uterine cancer treatment will vary according to the specifics of her diagnosis. For example, a cancer’s cellular makeup and stage will largely determine how it is addressed, and a patient’s age and overall health can influence treatment decisions as well. At Moffitt, the specialists in our gynecological clinic collaborate to develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient, which may include a combination of:
- Surgery facilitated by robotic-assisted technology to remove all or a portion of the uterus and some surrounding structures with enhanced precision
- Hormone therapy to impede the body’s production of certain cancer-stimulating hormones
- Systemic or regional chemotherapy to destroy cancerous cells with powerful medications
- Targeted radiation therapy to eliminate cancerous cells in a specific area of the body with high-energy X-ray beams or a contained radioactive source
- Clinical trials through our robust program that allows our patients to benefit from the latest breakthroughs in treatment before those options are made widely available
To make our uterine cancer treatments more accessible to women in Miami and beyond, Moffitt’s partner hotels offer lower rates to our out-of-town patients and their families. These hotels adhere to our rigorous hygiene standards and are committed to helping their guests feel at home.
If you live in Miami and would like to learn more about Moffitt’s approach to uterine cancer treatment, complete a new patient registration form online or call 1-888-663-3488. We welcome patients with or without referrals.