Surgery for cervical cancer is available for patients from St. Petersburg, Florida, at Moffitt Cancer Center, located close by in Tampa. Moffitt is a leader in cancer treatment and supportive care, and our surgeons offer an unsurpassed level of experience and skill when performing surgical procedures for patients with cervical cancer.
Within our gynecological clinic, a team of multispecialty medical professionals collaborates in tumor board meetings to discuss each patient’s case individually. Moffitt patients benefit from treatment plans that are tailored to their specific condition and needs, ensuring the highest potential for a successful outcome and achieving a better quality of life. When cervical cancer surgery is recommended as part of a treatment plan, the following options are available at Moffitt:
- Pelvic exenteration – Removal of the rectum, lower colon, cervix, vagina, ovaries, bladder and nearby lymph nodes
- Radical hysterectomy – Removal of the cervix, uterus, part of the vagina, and sometimes the ovaries, fallopian tubes and nearby lymph nodes
- Total hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus and cervix
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of the ovaries and fallopian tubes on both sides of the body
- Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of the ovary and fallopian tube on one side of the body
- Trachelectomy – Removal of the cervix and upper part of the vagina
- Cone biopsy (conization) – Removal of a cone-shaped piece of tissue from the cervix for microscopic evaluation
- Laser surgery – Removal of lesions from the surface of the cervix using a laser beam
- Robotic-assisted gynecologic surgery – Minimally invasive surgery conducted using the da Vinci® Surgical System
In addition to our advanced surgery options, many cervical cancer patients from St. Petersburg, FL, choose Moffitt because of our robust clinical trial program, which can provide patients with access to the latest treatments before they are made widely available. Our dedication to furthering research and treatment options for different types of cancer is why we’re designated as an NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center – the only such cancer center to be based in Florida.
Individuals from St. Petersburg, FL, who are interested in the cervical cancer surgery options available at Moffitt Cancer Center can call 1-888-663-3488 or fill out a new patient registration form online to schedule an appointment. No referral is necessary.