Patients who elect to receive cervical cancer surgery at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa are in good hands. Named the top-ranked cancer center in Florida by U.S. News & World Report, we are home to some of the most skilled surgeons and state-of-the-art technologies available for cancer treatment. We have the expertise to perform complex cervical cancer surgeries, including robotic gynecologic surgery. This minimally invasive procedure utilizes Moffitt’s da Vinci Surgical System®, which allows a surgeon to operate with optimal precision using only a small number of tiny incisions. Furthermore, we also provide a full range of nonsurgical treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy, so patients can receive comprehensive treatment under one roof, without the need for referrals.
At Moffitt Cancer Center, each patient’s treatment plan is developed and regularly reviewed by our tumor board – a highly specialized multispecialty team of medical professionals. When developing a treatment plan, our tumor board might recommend one of the following cervical cancer surgery options:
- Radical hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus, cervix, part of the vagina and possibly the ovaries, fallopian tubes and surrounding lymph nodes
- Total hysterectomy – Removal of both the uterus and cervix
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of both ovaries and both fallopian tubes
- Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – Removal of one ovary and one fallopian tube located on the same side of the body
- Trachelectomy – A surgeon removes the cervix and upper part of the vagina, leaving the uterus intact
- Pelvic exenteration – Removal of the rectum, bladder, colon, cervix, vagina, ovaries and nearby lymph nodes
- Laser surgery – A surgeon uses a narrow beam of intense light to remove lesions from the cervix
We believe that patients coming from the Orlando, FL, area shouldn’t have to worry about logistics getting in the way of receiving world-class treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center. That’s why we work with several nearby hotels that adhere to stringent hygienic standards to ensure the utmost safety and comfort of our cervical cancer surgery patients.
Patients from the Orlando, FL, area who would like to know more about the cervical cancer surgery options we have available can call 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online. We do not require referrals.