Cervical Cancer Surgery for Patients in the Fort Myers & Naples, FL, Area
Moffitt Cancer Center performs cervical cancer surgery for patients from the Fort Myers and Naples, Florida, area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, we are dedicated to developing the most effective approaches to cancer treatment. Our highly experienced surgeons are skilled at performing minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgeries, which can help to reduce the physical impact of cervical cancer surgery on the body. For instance, these procedures are often associated with fewer complications and faster healing periods. Furthermore, we also provide nonsurgical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy, ensuring that we can provide all of the treatments our patients require in a single location. For these reasons and more, Moffitt Cancer Center consistently ranks more than 95 percent in patient satisfaction.
The goal of cervical cancer surgery is to remove as much of the tumor as possible, as well as any nearby lymph nodes to which the cancer might have spread. Depending on a patient’s needs, any of the following types of procedures might be recommended:
- Laser surgery – A surgeon uses a an intense beam of light to remove lesions from the cervix
- Total hysterectomy – A surgeon removes both the uterus and cervix
- Radical hysterectomy –A surgeon removes the uterus, cervix, part of the vagina and possibly the ovaries, fallopian tubes and surrounding lymph nodes
- Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – A surgeon removes the ovary and fallopian tube located on the same side of the body
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – A surgeon removes both ovaries and both fallopian tubes
- Pelvic exenteration – A surgeon removes the cervix, vagina, bladder, rectum, lower colon, ovaries and nearby lymph nodes
- Trachelectomy – Leaving the uterus intact, a surgeon removes the cervix and upper part of the vagina
For patients traveling from the Fort Myers and Naples, FL, area, we can help make planning your short- or long-term stay at Moffitt easier. We’ve partnered with several nearby hotels that adhere to our strict hygiene and infection control standards to ensure the utmost safety and comfort of our patients, including those with vulnerable immune systems.
To learn more about our cervical cancer surgery options, call 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online. We welcome patients from the Fort Myers and Naples, FL, area without referrals.