Cervical Cancer Treatment Information for Patients From Gulf Coast, FL
If you need treatment for cervical cancer, would like to receive a second opinion or simply want to discuss your risk factors with an experienced gynecological oncologist, turn to Moffitt Cancer Center. The experts within our Gynecological Oncology Program provide a full spectrum of preventive care, diagnostic and treatment services to women from the Gulf Coast region of Florida and throughout the country at our state-of-the-art location in Tampa.
Cervical cancer develops in a women’s cervix, the passageway that attaches the bottom of the uterus to the vagina. Women with cervical cancer who choose to receive treatment at Moffitt can find assurance in our:
- Multispecialty treatment teams – Patients in our cervical cancer program benefit from the expertise of multiple specialists in a single location. Our gynecological clinic features gynecologic oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists and surgeons who focus exclusively on cancers of the female reproductive system.
- Individualized treatment plans – Our cancer experts collaborate as a tumor board to develop plans based on each patient’s specific needs and health care preferences.
- Advanced treatment options – From highly targeted radiation therapy to minimally invasive robotic surgery, Moffitt physicians use sophisticated treatments to help ensure a positive outcome and an enhanced quality of life.
- Clinical trials – Moffitt spearheads several ambitious research initiatives and a robust clinical trial program to provide our cervical cancer patients with the very best treatment options available.
- Supportive care services – Our team includes dietitians, social workers, counselors, stress management specialists and other supportive care professionals who can help patients cope with the difficulties of a cancer diagnosis. Patients who are concerned about preserving fertility are also able to consult with a Moffitt reproductive endocrinologist.
At Moffitt, we understand that traveling to our cancer center from Gulf Coast, FL, presents some challenges. To help eliminate stress on your end, we have partnered with several reputable hotels near our location to offer reduced rates. Plus, we do not require referrals from outside physicians, and all our services are provided under the same roof. This means you won’t need to drive to multiple centers in an unfamiliar city for the medical services you need.
If you live in Gulf Coast, FL, and would like to consult with a Moffitt oncologist about your cervical cancer treatment options, complete a new patient registration form online or call 1-888-663-3488.