Cervical Cancer Treatment Information for Residents of Fort Myers, FL
The latest advances in cervical cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment are available to women from Fort Myers, Florida, at Moffitt Cancer Center in nearby Tampa. One of the most prestigious cancer centers in the world, Moffitt features a Gynecological Oncology Program comprised of a multispecialty team of cancer experts who focus exclusively on cervical cancer and other malignancies of the female reproductive system. This unparalleled level of expertise translates into more positive outcomes and improved quality of life for our patients.
There are many reasons why women from Fort Myers, FL, and throughout the state choose to travel to Moffitt for cervical cancer treatment. For example, Moffitt patients benefit from:
- The opinions of multiple specialists – In a single location, women in our cervical cancer program can be seen by gynecological oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists and other experts.
- Comprehensive service – From imaging to fertility preservation and minimally invasive robotic surgery, Moffitt patients can receive all the services they need at our cancer center.
- Individualized treatment plans – Moffitt’s tumor board collaborates to develop tailored treatment plans for each patient according to her specific needs and health care preferences.
- Compassionate supportive care – Our team includes dietitians, social workers, stress management specialists and other supportive care professionals who can help women cope with the unique challenges of a cervical cancer diagnosis.
- Treatment breakthroughs – Moffitt’s robust clinical trial program and ambitious research initiatives allow patients to receive the latest treatment advances before they are made widely available. In fact, as a result of our research efforts, Moffitt is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center – the only one based in Florida.
Moffitt has partnered with several hotels near our cancer center to provide reduced rates to our out-of-town patients and their families. These hotels feature hospitable staff and comfortable accommodations that meet or exceed our strict hygiene standards.
Women from Fort Myers, FL, who would like to consult with a Moffitt oncologist about their cervical cancer treatment options are encouraged to call 1-888-663-3488 or submit a new patient registration form. A referral is not necessary to become a Moffitt patient.