Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Breast Cancer Treatment for Patients From Orlando, FL
Individuals from Orlando, Florida, who require treatment for breast cancer are encouraged to visit Moffitt Cancer Center for well-rounded oncology services and compassionate supportive care. Located in nearby Tampa, Moffitt is a high-volume cancer center and global leader in the evaluation and treatment of breast cancers. The multispecialty team at the Don & Erika Wallace Comprehensive Breast Program focus exclusively on breast malignancies, and have unparalleled experience helping breast cancer patients achieve positive outcomes and a better quality of life.
The ideal course of breast cancer treatment will depend on several factors, such as the patient’s overall health and whether or not the cancer is contained to the breast or has spread (metastasized) to another part of the body. Moffitt’s tumor board takes these factors into account, along with several others, when discussing a treatment plan, which may include:
- Minimally invasive or robotic-assisted surgery to remove tumors, surrounding tissues or lymph nodes or the entirety of the breast.
- Radiation therapy to destroy cancer cells with high-energy X-rays, including advanced radiation treatments like INTRABEAM® radiotherapy.
- Strategically timed chemotherapy to destroy rapidly dividing cancer cells throughout the body while preserving fertility.
- Targeted therapeutic drugs to address breast cancer cells with a specific genetic composition.
- Hormone/endocrine therapy to impede the body’s ability to produce cancer-feeding hormones.
Moffitt also leads ambitious clinical trials and research initiatives to improve breast cancer treatment and preventive methods. Thanks to our efforts, Moffitt is designated by the National Cancer Institute as a Comprehensive Cancer Center – the only one based in Florida.
Additionally, we’ve partnered with nearby hotels to offer reduced rates to patients who are traveling from Orlando, FL, and other cities to receive breast cancer treatment at Moffitt. These hotels are committed to providing hygienic and comfortable accommodations for our patients and their families.
Residents of Orlando, FL, and would like to explore their breast cancer treatment options with a Moffitt specialist can call 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online. No referrals are required to visit Moffitt.